thirteen

LI SHUZHEN'S POV

Loud cheers were heard everywhere as soon as the couple kissed in front of us.

This has been Mingzhu's aim all along. They only opened the booth 2 days before Valentine's Day and purposely closed it the whole day only to open it tonight. So all the booths were closed and the only ones left are theirs and Xiao Gui's.

"They look so sweet," Chunhua squealed, holding my hand. "I wanna get kissed like that someday,"

"You don't even have a boyfriend," Xikan comments making his sister hit his head.

I sighed, "Is this gonna take long?"

"Let's clap our hands, everyone!" Mingzhu says, grinning. "It's time for our next couple."

"We'll do the spotlight vote!" Lifen adds, making me roll my eyes.

I heard Zimo laughed behind me, "Are they like cupid or something?"

"Hey," Chunhua nudged my elbow, "What are the odds that you and Zimo could be in there next?"

I gritted my teeth, "And what are the odds of you and Xingjie -"

A light shone above me, making me stop my words. "Oh, fuck."

Mingzhu smirked at me, "Well, let's all welcome, Shuzhen!"

I shook my head, "No, no, no, don't you dare -"

"Come on, Shuzhen," Chunhua says, pushing me towards the booth.

"Mingzhu, you are so dead," I glared at her as Lifen dragged me to the booth.

"We'll get two more," Mingzhu announced again and picked two random girls.

Yanchen walked towards me and smiled as he held a blindfold.

"Oh, no, you're not doing this," I said, slapping his hand away.

"It will be more fun. Plus, we're not going to let you kiss a random guy." Yanchen assured, covering my eyes. "Trust me on this."

He tied the handkerchief around my eyes as I saw darkness.

"Okay, let's start." Mingzhu says as the music played.

I heard footsteps walking towards me and felt a lump in my throat. This is the first time I get to kiss someone after dating Yanchen.

Even though Jeffrey kissed me on the cheek last December, I felt nothing.

I hope Yanchen chose a decent guy because if not, I'm smacking his face to pieces. I'll wipe that sunshine smile off his face if he let me kiss a stranger.

The person I was about to kiss is nearing me. I really wish it's not some random guy they picked out from the crowd. I really wish it's someone I know. Anyone out of our friends will do, honestly. We could just shrug it off anyway.

But in the back of my mind, I also hope it would be Zimo.

I know it sounds silly. Me, a girl who once dated the most popular guy in school, is waiting for a chance to be with Zimo, one of the lowkey kids in class.

Though I can't help it. I've fallen for Zimo and that's that. I don't want to deny it any longer because Yanchen may be an asshole, but he's right. I can't keep denying it forever, and this time I'm following my heart.

I fiddled with my fingers waiting for the person to arrive. Why is he taking so long to walk anyway?

I felt a presence in front of me and sure enough it was the one I have to kiss.

I gulped, as he pulled me closer, supporting my waist.

A slow song started playing and I can feel his breath in front of me. He smelled like mint.

He didn't say anything but he just cupped my cheeks. Caressing his thumb over it. I could only hear the music playing and the cheers of the crowd. I really wanted him to say something so I would know who it is.

I was about to ask him a question, when all of a sudden -

"I'm sorry, I can't do this."