twenty-three

"Ge, when will you stop texting her?" The younger one asked, sitting on the couch.

The older smiled, "Why? I'm having fun here."

"But -"

"Yunyi, Yuntian," A man called out grabbing their attentions. "How is my dear Shuzhen?"

"Still the same," Yuntian replied, waving his phone around.

Yunyi handed a cup of water to the man, "Father, did you find him yet?"

"He just arrived in China and I think it's time to execute our plan." The father smiled, "We get Yuntian to marry her and finally we inherit the gold that that family's been hiding."

"Are you really sure they have gold bars?" Yunyi doubts.

Yuntian grabbed his coat, grinning at the two, "Who cares. I just texted Shuzhen to meet me and she's at the mall."

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

"The twins? Oh they've been adopted years just after you left," The woman at the orphanage said as Zimo asked.

"Do you have any idea who adopted them?"

"I'm sorry, Zimo. But the only one who knows is Nanny Liu. But she died 2 years ago, right?"

Zimo nods his head, "It's fine. Thank you,"

Zimo walked out and saw Peiyao sitting alone on the bench playing with his phone.

"They don't know" Zimo said, arriving beside his friend.

Peiyao sighed, "You'll still pay half the price of the gas,"

"I'm trying to find the stalkers here and that's your concern?"

"Without me, you wouldn't be able to find them anyway,"

Zimo flicked Peiyao's forehead as he saw someone familiar just a few meters in front of them, "Isn't that -?"

"Chen Minghao?!" Peiyao exclaimed, walking towards him. "What are you doing here? Are you from this orphanage, too?"

Minghao furrowed his eyebrows, "No. I just came here with Yilong -"

Peiyao felt sympathy, as he pats his back, "It's okay, don't worry. You don't have to hide it. We won't judge you,"

Minghao swatted his hand away, "What? I'm not an orphan. My mom happily gave birth to me!"

Peiyao went back to his original self, "Then I was empathizing for nothing."

"No one asked you to."

Zimo, who was the one judging Peiyao on why he was acting like that, scooted over to Minghao, "What's Yilong-ge doing here?"

"I don't know. We were drinking last night since he just came back, then he asked me to drive him here," Minghao honestly answered.

"So, you've been here since last night?"

"Yeah. He probably just want to see his sister,"

"His sister's here?" Zimo asked in surprise.

Minghao nods, "Well, according to his source, she is. Both of them got separated when they were still really young. Yilong-ge maybe 5 years old? And the girl was only 2."

Zimo frowned, feeling sorry for Yilong, "They haven't met each other until now?"

The boy in questions, shook his head, "Yilong has been searching high and low for her. He ended up here but the woman in charge died a day before he arrived. So no one knows where his sister is. Or who adopted her."

"That's so sad," Peiyao says, putting a hand on his chest.

The three boys spotted Yilong who was playing around with the other kids, "He's been waiting here if ever her sister comes back," Minghao points out.

"Wait," Zimo suddenly felt he put the pieces together. "Can you describe what his sister looks like? Or does he have a picture or something?"

"Nope, haven't seen anything. All I know is she has a scar mark just below her right ear. Yilong said he accidentally scratched it when they were playing."

"How old would her sister be?"

"Hmm, she might be around your age,"

Zimo felt like his world has turned upside down. If Yilong's sister was taken in in this orphanage when she was 2 and she's the same age as him, then he should've met her, just once.

But the thing that's really got his skin standing is the last thing that Minghao said. Because he has seen that scar somewhere before and it wasn't just from an ordinary person.

It was someone he knew too well.

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

my baby is in tokyo todayyy, i haven't seen airport pics because i was so busy yesterday but im so soft since zimo tweeted this uwu uwu

PLUS GAAAAAH NINE PERCENT'S REALITY SHOW WOULD BE ON THE 15TH