twenty

Xingjie brought Chunhua at the pet store, together with Yankai, Zhou Rui, Zimo and Shuzhen.

"Why'd you bring us here?" Shuzhen asked, looking at the turtle that was all alone on his aquarium.

"Yanchen's birthday is coming up and I wanted to give him something." Xingjie answered, looking around.

"So, you decided to give him a pet?" Zhou Rui questions, following him around.

Yankai picked up a puppy, "Why not a dog? That way it can meet Mushu and they can make babies - ow!"

Zimo had hit the young boy on the head, "You've been talking to Kaihao a bit too much."

"I just wanted to suggest something,"

"Then suggest something useful," Chunhua said, as she found Xingjie talking to the cashier. She raised her eyebrow.

"Jealous, are we?" Shuzhen teased, walking towards her.

"No, why would I be? We're not together,"

Shuzhen's smile quickly turned upside down when she saw the cashier's hands resting on Xingjie's. The boy was hesitant to remove it since he knew Chunhua was watching him plus the girl's grip is a bit tight.

"Ohh," Yankai reacted as Chunhua glared at him.

Before anyone could say anything, the door of the pet shop closed with a bang leaving Xingjie dumbfounded. Chunhua just walked out.

"Shit, shit, shit," Xingjie muttered giving some cash to Zimo. "Just buy something nice. I'll meet up with you guys later,"

He hurriedly walked out of the petshop, trying to find which direction Chunhua ran off to.

Zhou Rui sighed, "Let's just buy something and go."

Zimo handed Shuzhen the cash, "You go look."

Shuzhen pushed it away, "The money was given to you, not me. So you choose."

"But you know Yanchen better than anyone here, so you choose,"

"But you're a boy, so you know what his preferences are."

"I'll choose!" Yankai shouted, disturbing the two. He pointed at a box which made Zhou Rui smile. Not in the nicest way.

The older one grabbed the cash Zimo was holding, "It's the perfect gift."

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

"I want a pet rabbit," Shuzhen muttered to Zimo when they were walking home from the store.

"Ask your mom about it then," Zimo replied.

"You can just give it to me as a birthday present!"

Zimo rolled his eyes, "Alright. I'll just pick one stray rabbit from the street and give them to you."

Shuzhen kicked Zimo's leg, "And here I was planning to give you a great gift on your birthday!"

Zimo gritted his teeth as he held his leg, "And what's that?"

"A fish."

"Wow!" Zimo exclaimed, clapping his hands. "The most unique gift I have ever heard."

Shuzhen rolled her eyes and proceeded to turn left when Zimo pulled her away.

"Sshh," Zimo said, putting a hand over her mouth as his back sticks to the wall.

Shuzhen wondered why he did that but soon spotted the man with the briefcase again. He was creeping in front of Shuzhen's house, ringing the doorbell.

Luckily, Chunhua still wasn't home. And her parents are out of town, great timing.

Shuzhen slowly removed Zimo's hands, "What does he want?"

"I don't know. But he looks so familiar, doesn't he?"

"Yeah, when you remove the mask and the specs he's wearing, he kinda looks like -"

"Didi," Someone called out to the man who was standing in front of her house.

"Oh, ge," The didi person backed away from the gates and met his gege. "No one's home."

"She's probably out with the Zimo and the others." The older one pointed out. "Let's just head home. Father is waiting."

The two boys walked the opposite direction as Shuzhen removed herself from Zimo's grip.

She was getting anxious since she doesn't know when those two will come back. She unconciously held Zimo's hand making the boy flinch. "I'm scared."

Zimo pulled her towards him, "Sshh, I'll stay here for the night, is that okay?"

Shuzhen nods, squeezing his hand, "Thank you, Zim."

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I actually love reading your guesses haha but since Zimo admitted to kissing Shuzhen, there's still another mystery, right?

WHO IS ZI?

here is the only clue I can give you about Zi
⇨ if you've been a constant reader of my books, the person behind Zi has NEVER made an appearance in any of my stories and Zi doesn't mean his name starts with a Zi, it can also mean he has the letter Z in his name, right? (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

good luck!