fifteen

"Where have you been? I've been looking everywhere for you!" Shuzhen exclaimed, hitting Zimo's arm.

Zimo grinned, "Did you miss me?"

"No," She handed him the broom she was holding. "We needed to clean up and you're the only one missing. Now, it's your turn."

"Wait, what?" Zimo asked as Shuzhen and Zuo Ye walked away holding some boxes.

Zimo pushed his hair back and started sweeping the ground.

"When are you gonna tell her?" Peiyao suddenly asks, making him look up.

"Tell her what?"

"That you -"

His words were cut off when Lifen and Ruibin arrived. It was the day after valentines and everyone was cleaning up, removing all the booths in the field.

"You guys did great," Lifen smiles, holding her clipboard. "Where's Shuzhen?"

"She went somewhere with Zuo Ye," Zimo replied, picking up some plastic cups that were left behind.

Ruibin raised his eyebrow, "You haven't told her yet?"

"I think he's not planning to," Peiyao adds, leaning on the table. "Seriously, if you can just tell her -"

"No one is telling anything." Zimo says in a serious manner making Lifen look at him. "Until I say it first."

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

Shuzhen sighed, as she moved to her bed. It's been 4 days after that kissing booth incident and she's just getting her hopes up for nothing.

She thinks it's not Zimo because he hasn't even said anything. He never brought the topic up.

Maybe it wasn't him after all.

Shuzhen's phone suddenly beeped, indicating a message. She opened her phone and received one notification from an unknown number

xxxx
hey, beautiful

SHU
I'm sorry, but who is this?

xxxx
I know it's weird admitting it through text but... we kissed at Mingzhu's booth on Valentine's Day

SHU
what. the. fuck.

SHU
WHO ARE YOU????

xxxx
call me zi

xxxx
and this time, I will be your knight in shining armor ;)