twenty-four

"Why'd you ask for Yilong's number?" Peiyao asked, as he climbed inside the car.

"I think I know who his sister is. I just have to confirm it," Zimo said, closing the door from beside him.

Peiyao started the engine and when they were about to move, a boy speeded towards them with his bike, almost hitting the car.

"What the he - Liang Hui?!"

Liang Hui was panting hard as he dropped on the ground. Peiyao and Zimo eyed each other before climbing out and kneeling beside Liang Hui.

"Where did you come from?" Zimo asked his old friend who's been a part of the orphanage.

"I heard you were here so I decided to come as quick as I could." Liang Hui explains. "So glad I caught up to you."

"Yeah, we're also glad that we didn't hit you!" Peiyao exclaimed, helping him up.

Zimo patted his friend's back, "Well, I'm glad I saw you again. We should play some billiards next time."

Liang Hui nods, "But that's not the point. I heard you were looking for the twins?"

"Yunyi and Yuntian," Zimo answered, his back leaning on Peiyao's car. "You know where they are?"

Liang Hui's face was full of nervousness and he was debating whether or not he should tell Zimo. But he has to. He needs to, "But you're not gonna be glad if you find out who adopted them."

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

"Are you seriously meeting this Zi guy?" Zhou Rui asks, trailing behind Shuzhen as her eyes searched inside the store.

"He was the one who asked me to meet him," Shuzhen replied, holding her phone. "He must be here -"

Without noticing, Shuzhen bumped into a guy who was wearing a white turtle neck inside a red jacket. He looked so familiar.

"Sorry," Shuzhen could only mutter but before leaving, the boy grabbed her wrist.

Zhou Rui quickly removed Shuzhen from his grip and pushed her behind him, "I'm sorry, but who are you?"

The boy looked up and met Shuzhen's eyes, "Ask her. She knows me."

Zhou Rui didn't look back at her but continued looking at him. "One thing I hate about people is when they dodged a question that was directed to them. Now, who are you?"

The boy just smirked, "And you're Shuzhen's what? Bodyguard? I didn't know her family had enough money to pay for that. Or are you perhaps a maid, jiejie?"

Zhou Rui hated being called that. He was controlling himself, trying to avoid trouble. "You better tell me your name before I call the authorities on you."

Shuzhen bit her lip. She was trying so hard to remember who the boy was, but her memory is playing with her.

"Ge, look what I found -" A boy with the same face as his arrived, wearing a leather jacket with only the right sleeve still intact. He was holding an outfit that's supposed to be worn for a dance contest.

He then widens his eyes at the scene, "Ge, what are you doing?"

His gege shrugged and pointed at Zhou Rui, "This lady doesn't want me to meet Shuzhen."

"I am a man, for goodness sake!" Zhou Rui exclaimed, pointing a finger at the younger twin, "Who are you two and how do you know Shuzhen?!"

The younger's eyes wandered off to his brother, then at Shuzhen, "You mean you haven't told her who you are?"

At his words, something clicked in Shuzhen's mind, making the her lips turn into a smile, "Wait, y-you're the twins at the orphanage."

The younger showed his smile at Shuzhen, "I'm Yunyi. Remember me?"

Zhou Rui furrowed his eyebrows and stood firm, "Are you sure you know them?"

Shuzhen nods, moving in front of him and faced the other twin, "And you're -"

"Yuntian," The older said, holding out his hand. "It's nice to finally see you again, Zhen Zhen."

Shuzhen was about to reached his hand but froze when she heard the nickname, "You're Zi?"

Yuntian nods, "Well, I was bound to introduce myself sooner or later,"

Yunyi was still grinning as he handed back the outfit to the saleslady, "How about we sit down and talk? I'm sure we have a lot to talk about!"

"Your maid can come as well," Yuntian said, referring to Zhou Rui.

Shuzhen chuckled and grabbed Zhou Rui's arm, "Come on. It'll feel much more comfortable if you're there."

"I don't know, Shuzhen," Zhou Rui whispered as the twins wait for them to move.

"Come on, Zimo knows them, too," Shuzhen shaked his arm, "Trust me, they're harmless."