twenty-one

"Zhen, Zhen, here's a flower for you," The little boy handed her a sunflower as Shuzhen put it behind her ear.

"Thank you, Z," Shuzhen called him by his nickname.

The boy's dream was to become a singer someday and Shuzhen thought up of Z as his stage name.

Zimo and one younger boy walked towards them, holding a bunch of toys, "Let's go and play!"

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

"Are you done?" Peiyao asks as Yankai put up the CCTV in front of Shuzhen's house. "We still have to decorate the house."

They were celebrating Yanchen's birthday in Shuzhen's house, since the boys said they were overusing Mingzhu's house for parties and stuff.

Yankai had just finished putting up the CCTV incase the stalkers come back again while Mingzhu, Lifen and Ruibin are out distracting Yanchen.

"You guys done?" Zimo asked, walking out of the house.

Yankai climbed down the ladder and typed something on the laptop that Peiyao was holding. The screen then showed the view outside the house, "Done! What else do I have to do?"

Zimo handed him the balloons, "Put this up in the living room."

Yankai sighed as he grabbed the ladder and walked in the house, muttering something along the lines of, "Why do I always have to do this and that - am I a personal assistant or something?"

Peiyao closed the laptop he was holding, "You okay? You seem troubled."

"Do you remember the two boys I talked to you about? When I was still in the orphanage?"

Peiyao pick up the wires that Yankai dropped, "The two boys who had a thing for Shuzhen?"

"Only the older one," Zimo pointed out. "I think they're the ones who were outside the house the other day. I just don't know."

"Possible. Why don't you try asking the orphanage about their whereabouts?" Peiyao suggests.

Zimo widens his eyes, "You're right. I'll give them a call."

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

The party was going well. Yanchen almost fainted again when he opened the door and everyone yelled for him in surprise.

The crew weren't the only ones present since Yanchen was still famous, some people came and attented the party.

"I hope they don't break anything or else, I'm breaking their spine!" Shuzhen mutters, drinking a bit.

Zimo chuckled beside her, "If they do, Yanchen will just pay you back. He's rich for a reason,"

Jeffrey nods, "Or we could just tell your mom it was an accident caused by you being drunk,"

Shuzhen showed him the cup she was holding, "Do you want me to spill this on you? It's half full."

"You're so road," Jeffrey utters, walking away from them.

Zimo noticed a boy from their class looking at Shuzhen from top to bottom. Since she's wearing shorts and a black sleeveless top, boys can't take their eyes off her, especially now that she's single.

Zimo pulled her close as he leaned in her ear, his raspy voice making her shiver, "Why did you have to wear that?"

Shuzhen furrowed her eyebrows, "What's wrong with what I'm wearing?"

"I don't like other boys staring at you."

Shuzhen almost coughed up her drink when Zimo wrapped his arms around her waist as he glared at the boy a few meters beside them.

"Zim, what are you doing?"

"Protecting what's mine," Zimo said, almost losing balance.

Shuzhen caught a sniff of alcohol from his breath, "Zim, you're drunk. Let's take a rest, shall we?"

She was about to take Zimo upstairs to the guest room, when he pulled her back, "No - I don't wanna go to sleep mom!"

Shuzhen was about to say something when she felt a nudge on her feet. It was Mingzhu's dog, Mushu.

"Hey! Pikachu! That's not me!" She heard a familiar voice and found Qin Fen holding a tennis ball. "Return!"

Mushu then ran towards the kitchen, trying to escape a drunk Fen-ge. She laughed, shaking her head as she proceeded in taking Zimo upstairs.

Zimo was getting sleepy as they walked up but he was still talking, "I'm going to beat Lao Han someday!"

"Sure you will," Shuzhen replied as she opened the door to the guest room. She threw Zimo's body on the bed and when she was about to leave, he grabbed her wrists.

"Zim, you're drunk. You need to sleep. I'm not taking you back there again, you might break somethig like last time."

Zimo sent her a smug look, "I'm sorry for breaking the table. And the vase. And the sink."

Shuzhen chuckled, recalling how drunk Zimo was that day. She removed herself from his grip and walked to the door, turning the lights off, "Good night, Zimo."

"Good night Shuzhen. I love you."

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I wasn't planning on putting up that flashback moment, but I just dropped a huge bomb right there. Haha by now, I hope you've guessed who it is ^^