thirty-four

"Where is he?" Zimo asked, running through the hospital hallway, followed by Peiyao, Yanchen and Ruibin.

The police had just picked up Yuntian as they announced that a boy named Zhang Yankai was shot.

"Zim!" Shuzhen called out as he ran into Zimo's arms. "Zim - I didn't know - I didn't know he would be there,"

"Ssh," Zimo said, hugging her tight as she cry her eyes out. "He's going to be fine, okay?"

Yanchen looked around and found Xingjie, who had just finished talking to the police, "Why was Yankai there?"

"That's what I wanna know," Xingjie replied, clutching his fists. "I asked Shengen to watch him but somehow he slipped,"

"How about Zuo Ye?" Peiyao adds.

"Zuo Ye was the one who was supposed to sneak up behind Yunyi. But Yankai pushed him back," Xingjie points at a boy who was sitting on the floor, his back leaning on the wall. "I think he needs his gege. He's been feeling really guilty."

Peiyao nods, excusing himself as he walked towards Zuo Ye who couldn't stop crying, "Didi,"

Zuo Ye looked up, hearing the sound of his older brother, "Ge, I'm sorry - I'm sorry. I didn't mean to I -"

"Hey, hey," Peiyao said, ushering him to his side. "It's not your fault. You just wanted to keep Shuzhen safe."

"But - Yankai -"

"Is going to be fine," He raised Zuo Ye's head, "Now stop crying and let's wait for him to recover. Okay?"

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

The crew was finally complete with the exception of Mubo and Qin Fen. They were out of town.

Yankai's parents also arrived, his mom breaking down on the floor the moment he found out about his son's condition.

"The doctor says the bullet is out," Mr. Zhang announced to the group.

"But, he'll be okay, right?" Mingzhu asks, holding Yanchen's hand.

"We'll have to wait for him to wake up," Mr. Zhang adds, and looked around, spotting a familiar face. "You're Shuzhen, right?"

"Mr. Zhang, I'm sorry but please if you want to file a report on me I'll be willing to comply -"

"It's okay, Shuzhen," Yankai's father cut her sentence off. "Yankai is a strong boy and I'm glad that he met people who taught him what true friendship means."

Yilong patted Shuzhen's back, "Thank you for understanding, Mr. Zhang,"

"Please, Yilong," The dad laughed. "How many times do I have to tell you? When it comes to family, you can contact me anytime."

"Family?" Shuzhen asked, turning her head towards Yilong.

"Yeah. They adopted me once," Yilong explains, touching his nape. "Until I reached the right age and the money and house was given to me."

Shuzhen widens her eyes, "YOU HAVE YOUR OWN HOUSE??!?!"

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

Shuzhen and Yilong were in front of each other. They were sitting inside the canteen as Shuzhen watches Yilong finish his meal.

"If you're wondering whether were really siblings or not," Yilong said, his mouth still full. He handed her a brown envelope. "Here's a DNA test."

Shuzhen's hands were trembling as she slowly opened the results. Upon reading it, her breathing returned to normal. The results were a match. She is indeed Wang Yilong's sister.

"So you really are -"

Yilong smiled, cutting her sentence off, "I finally got you back, baby sister."

Shuzhen couldn't stop her tears as it quickly ran through her cheeks, "I - I'm -"

Her brother laughed, handing her a tissue. "Stop crying. You'll ruin your make-up."

Shuzhen sniffed and patted her eyes with a tissue, "So, do I get to see this house of ours?"

Her brother pushed the plate away from him and crossed his fingers together, resting his elbows on the table, "That's the thing, meimei. I don't live anywhere near here. And if I want to keep you safe, I need to ask you to leave this place and come with me."

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

the next chap is longer than usual and I hope y'all won't kill me for this uwu