sixteen

LI SHUZHEN'S POV

ZI
good morning princess :)

I smiled as I read the text. He's been messaging me non-stop for about a week now and I still have no idea who it is.

I first thought of Zimo but then when I was slowly giving hints about it, he would give me a confused look.

Is it really not him?

"Hey, it's too early to be frowning!" Chunhua exclaimed, walking towards me to the kitchen. "Listen, I need to tell you something."

I rolled my eyes, "Is this about your new crush for that lower year? Chen Linong was it?"

"No, silly." She laughed, pulling out a bread from the container. "I think - I think Xingjie wants to get back together."

I raised my eyebrow at her, "You seriously just noticed?"

Ever since valentine's day, Xingjie has been giving hints to Chunhua. He's also been asking me to reject girls for him since he doesn't want to get involve with them anymore.

Imagine me telling a girl that Xingjie doesn't want to date. Am I his assistant or something?!

"Well, I didn't want to admit it but he confessed last night when we were video chatting and he told me he hasn't flirted with anyone for the past two weeks."

"Do you still like him, Chunhua? Because if you do, give him another chance."

Chunhua shrugs, "I don't know. But all I know is that if he keeps doing this, just maybe. Maybe I'll let him in again."

I rested my chin on my hands, "Lucky for you. As for me, I seriously don't know who this Zi guy is!"

"Did you try asking Zimo?" Chunhua asks, sitting on the other side of the table.

"I did, but he wouldn't budge. If this is really him, he's such a good actor!"

"Maybe you can -" Chunhua cut her sentence when the doorbell rang.

"You have a guest?" I asked, walking towards the door.

"I didn't order anything,"

I opened the door and found Dong Yanlei and Zhang Yankai holding a box. Yanlei was still wearing his favorite apron and Yankai - I don't even wanna know why he's wearing a wig.

"Uh - what brought you guys here?"

Yanlei yelled, walking in, "Your boyfriend has a message!"

My eyes moved towards Chunhua then at Yanlei, "No one has a boyfriend here."

"Oh?" Yankai spoke, putting the box on the table. "You didn't get the memo?"

"What memo?" Chunhua stood up.

"These are from Xingjie," Yanlei pointed at the pink box, "It's for Chunhua. Sadly, Zimo doesn't have anything for you."

I punched Yanlei's chest lightly, making him drop on the ground, "I don't really care if Zimo has something for me or not."

Chunhua's eyes lightened, "Cupcakes!"

Yankai took out his phone and clicked on the camera, "Xingjie-ge wants proof that the cupcakes were delivered."

"Can I just ask one thing?" I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Sure, as long as it doesn't take long. We still need to deliver cupcakes for Mingzhu-jie and Lifen-jie." Yankai replied.

"Why are you wearing a wig and why are you still wearing an apron?" I asked, pointing out their outfits.

Yanlei sighed, feeling exhausted already from the walk towards Shuzhen's house. "I really am tired right now and we still need to give these out to the two queens. I don't have time to answer your questions. Come on, Yankai."

They slowly walked out, walking towards the direction of Mingzhu's house.

"Boys are weird," Chunhua mutters, eating a cupcake. "But these are so good."