Friends AU - Did She Get Off The Plane?

They pushed their way through the crowd, Chloe a few feet ahead as Amy trailed behind. She caught a glimpse of Beca, passing her boarding ticket over for inspection, before making her way through the doors towards the plane.

"Beca! Beca Mitchell!" Chloe's heart thudded in her chest as she watched her disappear out of sight.

"Beca!"

"BECAAAAAAAA!" A few people jumped at the sound and Chloe turned her head to see Amy shouting Beca's name at the top of her lungs. She held her breath until the girl reappeared, eyebrows furrowed in confusion, but the second she saw Chloe her expression softened.

"W-what are you guys doing here?" Amy gave Chloe a small nudge, pushing her towards Beca.

"Chloe what is it?"

"Beca...you umm...you can't go to L.A. Me and Amy drove all the way here because I needed to tell you that, I love you." Beca's eyes shot open, but Chloe didn't let her interrupt. "I love you Beca, so much it hurts. And I haven't said anything because I didn't want to freak you out, but I was sat in the apartment after you'd left and it just felt so empty. And I realised that it's because you shouldn't leave, you should be with me. I love you Beca, just please don't go."

She watched Beca's internal struggle, eyes flickering back and forth as she processed everything Chloe had just told her. It seemed she was about to open her mouth, to respond, when an announcement sounded out for the final call to L.A. Beca took a step back, away from Chloe and towards the plane.

"I'm sorry Chlo, I can't do this right now I have to go. I have to go to L.A. I'm sorry."

Chloe tried to protest, say anything that would convince the brunette otherwise. But Beca just shook her head, handing her ticket back over and vanishing through the doors yet again. This time, there was no voice to call her back, instead the door was fastened shut and Amy reached to place a hand on Chloe's shoulder, as the tears flowed down her cheeks.

////////

Chloe arrived back to her apartment, alone. She told Amy she needed space, so the girl went over to Aubrey's. She ran a hand through her hair as she let herself drop onto the sofa, trying to keep herself composed. Chloe took her phone out her pocket and once she saw a new voicemail from Beca, she unlocked it and pressed the phone to her ear, lip caught between her teeth.

"Chloe, it's me. I can't stop thinking about what you said. I'm on the plane now and I, I just want you to know that I love you too. Of course, I love you." Chloe sniffed, her vision blurring once again. "Wait, what am I doing? I love you. I'm so in love with you Chlo, oh my god I've got to get off this plane." Chloe jumped to her feet, hand placed over her mouth.

"Excuse me? I've got to get off this plane." She could hear a muffled reply but it was to quiet to decipher. "No you don't understand I've got to-oh come on isn't there any way you can just let me off the-" The voicemail stopped, and Chloe brought the phone back down in a frantic motion.

"No, no come on. Don't do this to me. Did she get off the plane, did she get off the plane." She was scrolling through texts, missed calls, voicemails, anything.

"I got off the plane."

Chloe spun on her heel, her phone dropping onto the carpeted floor once she saw Beca standing in the doorway, bag in her grasp. Chloe ran over, pulling Beca into her arms, which the girl reciprocated, letting her luggage fall at their feet. She breathed in Chloe, the smell of her shampoo and wondered how she could ever think of leaving her. When they pulled back, both girls had tears in their eyes. Beca took Chloe's face between her hands and pressed a kiss to her lips. The redhead curled her fingers round Beca's waist, revelling in the feeling of her against Chloe.

"You got off the plane." Chloe's grin was wide.

"I did. I'm sorry I didn't listen to you, that I didn't say it back then and there. I'm not leaving Chlo, I love you."

Chloe pulled Beca back in her arms, wondering if it was possible to never let her go.