Chapter 31

Seungmin's POV

Today was the day of the concert, two days ago we released a new album and a new music video. And today we were going to have a concert at 7 pm, but today we had to leave extra early due to schedules and also we had to do hair and makeup. 

These days I haven't been sleeping properly because I kept thinking about the past and thinking about (Y/N), I missed her so much... I regret not holding her tight and hugging her when I saw her at the airport. I hated how Chan was the one to save her and not me... 

I was different from Chan as I'm more reserved and I couldn't bring myself to do what Chan did and when I did, I was too late. With less than 4 hours of sleep, I got into the van after getting dressed and doing my morning routine of cleansing my face and brushing my teeth. I looked at my phone, specifically my background as it was a picture of me and (Y/N) back when we were living in the countryside.

If it wasn't for (Y/N) bringing me to Seoul and providing the opportunities she has, I would have never been a Kpop idol and I would never have met friends that are basically like family too me. 

I'm truly thankful for her...

About 4 years ago I lost contact with (Y/N) as she became busy day by day and she seemed like she was suffering. Every time I called her, or messaged her she seemed stressed and always had things to do. Procrastination was not a word in her dictionary as there was never a day she stops working hard to become a flight attendant and walking towards her dreams. 

Hyunjin, Jeong-in and I got recruited into JYP through Channie hyung as he was putting together a team under the JYP label. As we joined as trainees I became busy too, training every day... And before I knew it all out numbers got changed and there was no way we could contact (Y/N) as it was a company phone... 

Thinking about it now, it looks like time has never stopped once, time went so quickly... Within two years of being a trainee we were put onto a reality tv show seeing who will debut, there were rough bumps along the way... a lot of heartbreaks and happiness found its way into the show. But in the end, we debuted as a nine-member group... the one true nine. 

I didn't realise that we arrived at the hair and makeup salon as I was deep in thought. 

"Seungmin-ah are you getting off?", Hyunjin asked. 

Hyunjin and I have been good friends since (Y/N) left... basically we are like brothers from different mother, also Jeong-in became really close to us as we graduated. I continued living with Hyunjin and Jeong-in ended up moving in with us not long after until we were put on the show 'Stray Kids' and we started living in a dorm with all the other members. 

Our photo shoot went smoothly and it was time to go to the concert hall to do the soundcheck and also eat a very late breakfast. Being an idol was not the easiest thing in the world but I enjoyed it, I enjoyed the fact I could sing and perform and I also loved the fact that I was in a group with all my friends.

After doing the soundcheck and touching upon our makeup and hair we had three hours to kill until the concert starts. We had fun in the waiting room recording videos for Spot Kids and we also did a V live which was a lot of fun. To this day my heart skips a beat thinking that there are people who actually love what we do and support us. 

I got all the fan mail and I started reading them one by one not missing any words, this became a habit of mine since our debut days... I could see the amount of support and love that the person has put into writing the letter, I couldn't miss a word. That would be criminal. 

Time flew past as I read all the letters and we had thirty minutes till the concert started so I got changed and the makeup artist came in and touched upon all-out makeup and hair before we left to go on the stage. 

...

I was happy to see that the concert hall was all packed, I looked around and waved at our fans before we went back to the backstage as the concert ended. I flopped onto the sofa as I was exhausted, I wasn't the greatest dancer and our choreography was pretty difficult and two hours of singing and dancing got me exhausted and hungry. 

There was a hot pot restaurant that I and the other stray kid's members went to after a concert. Lately, we haven't gone there but all the members had a mutual agreement that we would eat there today. 

When we got there I saw two people sitting at a table talking and laughing, one had what looked like a hyunjin banner on her head. She made exaggerated moves which made me chuckle, looks like they just came here from our concert. The other members noticed the same girl and started giggling themselves before we went into the restaurant. 

"AND OH MY GOD WHEN THEY DANCED TO DISTRICT 9 I ALMOST LOST IT, HOW COULD THEY BE SO HOT. I SWEAR TO GOD WHEN HYUNJIN LOOKED AT THE CAMERA I ALMOST DIED AS WELL AS SEUNGMIN, HIS SO ADORABLE", the girl with the banner shouted all hyped up.  

I guess I'm adorable? 

The girl's voice seemed familiar and also the girl that was sitting in front of her talking to her. The other members and I got curious so we snuck behind the hyped up girl with the Hyunjin banner on her head and listened to there conversation, praying that they are not sasaeng fans. 

The girl opposite of the hyped girl noticed us and her face cracked in shock as she dropped her piece of meat and stared at us. It was all dramatic until the girl we were standing behind was none other than (Y/N). I could see her face flush in embarrassment which was really cute. 

I could see her panic as she ran to the bathroom avoiding us, we sat on the tables next tot hem and Chan started talking to (Y/N)'s friend.

Before I knew it Chan had Jihyo's phone and he was texting her, I was torn... 

Does she really not remember me? 

In the end (Y/N) came out of the bathroom and we started eating dinner while talking amongst ourselves and with (Y/N) and JIhyo. 

Before we left the restaurant Jihyo asked us if we could sign her light stick which was nice, I couldn't wait to sign a fans lightstick which was very heartwarming and exciting. Chan asked (Y/N) if she had a light stick too but she replied with a 'no', I was kind of disappointed but I just sucked it up and continued signing Jihyos light stick.

"But I do have a Seungmin banner", she suddenly said which made me jerk my head up quickly to look at it. 

Before Chan could sign it I snatched the banner from him and shouted. 

 "NO ONE IS SIGNING (Y/N)'S BANNER BESIDES ME"

I could see the shocked faces of the people around me because I usually don't shout but I had to because it was kind of a life or death situation. As soon as I start writing nice messages and signing (Y/N)'s banner Hyunjin decided to copy me... 

Does he know that (Y/N) is the (Y/N) standing in front of us?

At the end of the day, we ended up dropping (Y/N) and Jihyo off at their place which was coincidently the same place that we lived... 

Looks like they are our new neighbour.