Chapter 19

(Y/N) POV

School ended and before visiting Hyunjin and Seungmin I decided to visit Jackson in the hospital and get some much-needed answers. Jeong-in said that he wouldn't be able to make it today so I sent him off before making my trip to the hospital. I got Jackson's room number and I slowly made my way in.  I could feel the tense atmosphere tingling on my skin as I walked into the dark room where Jackson was held.

As I walked closer to his bed he locked eyes with me and a smirk formed on his face.

"Why did you come to visit me, you're the reason why I'm in this state", He slowly raised his voice.

"Are you the one that sent this text", I asked showing him my sisters phone.

"Ha, what we did to you must have really done you in good, how could you forget someone like him!", Jackson said.

So it's a 'him'?

"Don't make me repeat myself", I coldly answered, which sent shivers down Jackson making him pay attention to me and act a little serious. 

"Jesus how could your personality change so much after what happened, you're like a completely different person. I almost laughed when you decided to help out the D class scum", Jackson spat. 

 "Don't you dare speak like that about my friend", I was almost about to punch his face when I stopped myself... violence never solves anything.

"Friends, coming out of your mouth sounds so funny... you deserved dying after what you did. You're just a money-driven cold-hearted SNAKE!", Jackson yelled and I gave him a confused look. 

"Fine, since it looks like you can't remember anything let me tell you what happened. That person that texted you is one of my gang leaders, he loved you but you played him... you used him for drugs and money! You sold the drugs to the opposing gang for money and when you had enough you left him for the other gang's leader. How could you leave someone who as willing to give up his underground business? All his money. His reputation. Just to be with a whore like you. You know what it wasn't even us who attempted to kill you, it was the stupid gang's leader you left us for.", Jackson ranted and that's when I got a deeper insight into who my sister was.

She wasn't the girl that my parents knew and loved, she was two-faced... outside she would be the queen of the drug trafficking industry and at home, she would play the innocent school girl who spoilt. This all played out in my head, even though she was a horrible person I couldn't bring myself to hate her... I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt. 

"And you know my gang's leader tried to save you... that text you see, that's a bait. Your killer is coming after you... All I can say is the leader of the opposing gang isn't the one who directly tried to kill you so I would be careful if I was you", Jackson said with a teary voice. 

"Why are you telling me this?", I asked.

"Because I believe that you have changed, I believe this is really the girl my leader sacrificed himself for and the girl he loved till the end.", Jackson started crying. Guilt washed over me as I listen to what Jackson was saying. A pang shot through my heart and I could feel how hurt this boy in front of me was.

Sacrificed himself?

"What...", I let out purely out of shock. 

"He died trying to save you, that number is the leaders but his dead... Someone is out there out to get you, please be careful... I know the leader would have wanted me to share this with you", Jackson said before he stopped talking and silently cried. 

I couldn't watch him cry so I went over and comforted him... I patted his back while he clung to my arms and cried his little heart out. 

"H-he... was my best friend...", Jackson sobbed.

"I'm sorry for your loss...", my eyes teared up thinking about how much this person meant to Jackson and if that were me and Seungmin I would have felt the same. 

"I... really am..."

...

I need to do some more investigating, I need to know why someone wanted to kill my sister...