Stephen James

You walk into a charity event with one of your closet girl friends who you've know since a child you two walk into the ball smiling as you talk and walking till you reach a waiter holding a plate of champagne and you both pick one up nodding your head and smiling Ashli mouth thank you.

You hear someone call your name and you turn to see your ex of almost a year. Your close eyes and sigh wishing you never turned around. You watching walk up to you with mostly a serious look on his face.

"Stephen... I didn't know you were going to be here" you say sipping on your glass of champagne

"Yeah really didn't want to come but everyone keeps telling me I should get out and start to mingle again" He looks down putting his hands in his back pockets

"This your first time being out since we broke up?" You say giving him a confused look.

At this time you didn't even notice that your friend walk away and started talking to other people. She knew that you still had feelings for Stephen still but you really weren't the type of person to stay that long with someone. Stephen had to be your first longtime boyfriend in a long time so it was weird for you. You felt you were falling to hard and you didn't want your heart broken by anymore men. The last guy before Stephen made your life living hell with his mental abuse to you. He was a player and being with Stephen it kinda hurt him more than you because you felt like you couldn't trust him. With you being that way out a strain on your relationship. You broke it off with him when he stared talking about moving in together and getting married. You were scared so you told him that you parents wouldn't approve. Which you technically wasn't a lie. But you really could care less about your parents opinion on who to marry.

"This is like my third time being out the house." Stephen looks at you.

"Did the break up really hurt you that bad jeez" you cross your arms.

Stephen let's a dry chuckle out. "You really don't get it do you?"

"What am I not getting?" You say

You stay in defense mode to keep from showing him emotion. You loved him but you knew you couldn't stay with him and hurt him by accusing him and stuff.

Stephen grabs your hand and walking you outside to a balcony where on one was. You could hear the soft jazz music still playing in the background but very faint. You could mostly here the honks of cars the police sirens from the city below. You held on to you glass of champagne as Stephen drags you to the railing and stares off to the distance looking at the car and light below him. He sighs before starting to talk.

"You really don't know how much I loved you and I still do" He looks at you

"We couldn't make it work let's not try to force it" you say

"Y/n what are you talking about? From what I remember you were all in for this relationship before I started talking about the next step" he looks at you

"Yeah and I realize we weren't ready for that" you sip your champagne

"Y/n don't you remember what you said about dating?... it's to see if you would marry that person?" He stares off to the city life

You roll your eyes and scoff "I know what I said"

"The only reason you back out wasn't because of your parents it was because you were scared!" He says  with force behind his words

"Scared?" You look at him

"Yes Y/n were scared you don't want your damn heart broken so you keep it locked up but got dammit I fought for you and still you walked away." You can hear he's really coming from the heart with this
"If I tell you, your right will you walk away"you say getting a little defensive
"No... I'm done walking away, your going to look at me in my eyes and tell me that you hate never loved me and all that we been through was for nothing. You tell me that and I'll THINK about walking away" he rest his arms on the balcony railing looking at you, you stare off to the distance looking at the city before turning to him. You feel a tear form and fall down your cheek. I deep sigh comes out and look Turn to him.
"Okay your right I run away from the ones I love the most happy now. I don't hate you, I thankful you were there for me, but I deserve to be alone.
He rolls his eyes. "Man you know your pretty and you know your smart but I don't think I've ever met someone who's insecure about love. Damn Y/n"
He walks up behind you kissing your cheek "guess You can't get rid of me. I'm here for you, I only want you. And I don't care if you like it or not." He grabs your hand "let's start over"he says looking at you and all you do is nod your head.

I know there words and grammar. I should really stop doing these things at 11:30 a night but hey life goes on.🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️

Night guys ❤️❤️❤️