Chapter 23

It's been an hour and Y/N has gotten exhausted. She'd made it as far as the mall a few blocks away.

She sat against the wall of the outside of the mall. She wished she could just turn back around and go back to the boys...

But she can't. It's for the best.

She would go home to her sister, but she doesn't know how to get to her house from where she is.

"Y/N!?"

She perked her head up when she heard her name. In the distance, she could just barely make out Jungkook running towards her.

She jumped to her feet in panic and ran. She ran as fast as her legs could carry her, but she could hear Jungkook getting closer. She could also hear him talking to someone.

Y/N glanced back to see him running while talking on his phone. She gasped and looked foreward again.

She went to run past an alleyway, but a hand grasped her wrist and tugged her into the alley.

A hand was instantly clamped to her mouth, silencing her scream.

Y/N felt something cold against her head as Jungkook rounded the corner.

He gasped, skidding to a halt. "Don't you fucking dare hurt her."

Y/N heard the man holding her laugh. Then she heard a clicking noise.

Jungkook looked panicked as he held both his hands up.

"Look man, just let her go.. I'm unarmed."

Another chuckle.

"Oh come on, Jungkook, do you really think I would let the one thing that can save Bangtan live?"

Jungkook's face flashed to confusion. "Save? Save us from what?"

"You are destroying yourselves from the inside out. People's loyalties are starting to change."

"What do you mean?" Jungkook was getting angry.

Y/N began to struggle in the man's hold, trying to get to Jungkook as tears streamed down her face.

Jungkook's gaze flashed down to the small girl.

"Y/N. Stop moving. Everything will be okay..."

He took a step closer.

The man holding Y/N tensed, and pressed the gun in his hand harder against her head.

Y/N sobbed.

"Back up Jungkook, or I'll shoot!" The man was getting nervous.

Jungkook held up both hands, a sign of innocence or surrender. "Don't freak. I just want to talk."

"You asked for it!" The male yelled.

Bang.

Bang.