Boys!!

By the time Scarlett comes home it's after lunchtime so she finds me sprawled on the couch with a cup of tea and a biscuit. She comes round and kicks off her trainers and tucks herself underneath my legs and feet leaning her head on my hip. I reach my hand down and run it through her hair "hey" I say taking a sip of my tea. "You want me to restart the movie so you can change and come watch it?"

"Hey" She says quietly causing me to pause the movie and look at her.

"What's wrong?" I ask concerned moving myself up the couch to turn to face her and she pouts at the loss of contact so I put one leg out for her to hold. She's always been this way, she's a very touchy feely sort.

"I'm sorry about how short I was with you the other night" she says looking sad.

"Don't be. It's totally fine. Plus if you are apologising I should too for snapping at you" I say pushing some hair back behind my ear and bringing my cup to my lips to blow it.

"I feel like I hardly see you and we live together" she says twirling her hair round her finger.

"That's how it's meant to be when you come to uni. You're meant to go out and get new experience and do new things" I say to her despite feeling the same way. I know she's feeling guilty because she has been staying at Ants a lot but I want that for her, plus I've realised over the last wee while that I have become too reliant on her to do things.

"Well it doesn't mean that you don't see your best friend" she says smiling at me.

"Don't worry. I ain't going anywhere" I tell her waving her off. "How are things with you and Ant?" I ask wanting to change the subject because I can already feel that things are changing. I mean she will always be my best friend but this is the time where we will probably be tested most.

"He's great!" She says gushing her face brightening instantly. "But you ain't getting away that easily missy!" She says pointing at me. shit! "What happened the other night?" She asks sitting up folding her arms over her chest.

"I went to work then came home" I say smiling turning back to look at the movie to press play when she tackles me for the remote and I have to pull my cup of tea away so we don't get burnt "Hey!" I shout laughing at her antics.

"No way! You are not getting out of this! You have lived like a nun just about all our lives and since coming here you have been here, there and everywhere" she says smiling.

"Hey! You make me sound like a slut" I say pouting staring her down.

"You forget who I am Liv. I know you wouldn't go and start sleeping around. It's not you" she says seriously and I relax and get comfy again on the sofa and drink my tea not making eye contact. "Well?" She presses. Damn! I thought she might have dropped it after that!

"I ended up staying at Warrens" I rush out on a mumble.

"You what?" She asks raising her eyebrows.

"You got wax in your ears?" I say smiling.

"No, but you said is so fast I couldn't catch it" she says looking excited.

I sigh and look at her then back to my cup. "I said, I stayed at Warrens" I say and keep looking at my cup as she says nothing. She stays silent and that worries me more than anything so I look up to see her staring at me opened mouth. "What?" I ask and a large smile breaks out on her face.

"Thee Warren?" She says brightly and I just nod. "No way! What happened?" She asks and I know I'm not going to get out of not telling her about he whole night so I proceed to tell her everything that happened and she stays quiet the whole time taking it all in.