First Day

I woke up feeling refreshed and excited for my first day at University. I got up with Scarlett so I could wish her good luck and made us breakfast before going for a shower.

I decided to wear my skinny black ripped jeans and black Guns and Roses tshirt and black converse. Looking in the mirror I felt like I looked good today. I had blow dried my hair with volume and left it so I had a natural wave in it. Putting on minimal make up I focused on my eyes with mascara and eyeliner so that they looked bigger and put on some dark lipgloss.

Grabbing my leather bomber jacket and bag I walked out my room heading for the front door. Looking at the clock I had an hour before I had to be at my first class so decided to call my mum.

"Hello"

"Hey Mum its me"

"Hey honey! How's things? How is the flat?" She asks.

"It's amazing! It's right by the riverside and only ten minute drive from the Uni. Everything is so modern and expensive I'm too scared to touch some things" I laugh.

"That's good" she says sounding distracted. "I'm heading to Mexico in three days with Duncan so won't be able to call until I get back. I'll bring you back a shot glass" she laughs. "I've got to go now. Good luck with your first class"

"Thanks Mum, it sounds amazing I,mum? Mum?" And she hung up!

Once I started High School I've basically been on my own. I think my mum felt that was her time to get her life back and really looked after herself than me and to be honest I've managed fine but I would of liked a Mum during that time and not someone who wanted to be my best friend bringing random guys home or disappearing for days. I was lucky to have Scarlett and her family. They basically took on that role when I needed them to and didn't ask too many questions.

Heading to my 2007 Honda Civic I unlock the doors and get in. I love my baby, I've taken good care of her since I saved my money up from my job at the Macdonald Hotel last year. I had searched the Internet for weeks looking for my car and I'm proud of myself that I can afford it.

We weren't poor or anything but once I got my first job at 14 my mum stopped giving me any money except from my lunch money and even then she would sometimes not give me that. I've never wanted everything handed to me but being that age and basically having to fend for myself was hard but looking back now I appreciate everything I have and I've worked hard for it.

Driving up to the Uni I park my car and get out heading toward my department. I feel really proud of myself for getting in to this University, it's so competitive and spaces are limited so being here let's me see how hard I have worked for this and I want to do well.

I head towards the same place as yesterday, I walk up two flights of stairs and find the four hundreds. Heading along the hall I find room 412 and there standing outside like he said he would was Jonah in all his godlike glory wearing washed out jeans hung low on his hips, a white tshirt and grey hooded zipper playing his phone.

"Hey" I wave

Looking up he spots me heading down the hall and smiles putting his phone in his pocket.

"You still stuck on level 49?" I ask

"How'd you guess" he laughs handing me a cup causing me to raise an eyebrow at him. "I went to the coffee shop before class and remember you saying you're a tea jenny so I bought you one but didn't know what you took in it so I brought lots of supplies too" he says smiling pulling his pocket open showing me the little milks, sugar, brown sugar and sweeteners. How sweet.

Blushing I reach into his pocket and take out two milks and two sugars. "That's really kind of you, thanks very much" I say holding it close to my chest enjoying the warmth.