Closed for maintenance

Six am in Scotland, in November is bloody cold. Standing outside a closed pool is even colder when you didn't think to put a jacket on. I can see my breath in the air and I've had to put my hands under my armpits to keep them warm hugging myself.

A 'Closed for maintenance' sign was stuck on the door and despite me ignoring it and tugging on the door it didn't change that fact. Snapping a picture of the sign I send it to Scarlett with the caption 'can't say I didn't try' with a smiley face. She didn't think I would stick to my plan to get up at five this morning so I need evidence that it wasn't my fault I didn't actually swim. I decide to send the picture to Kyle as well so he can head home.

Turning back towards my car my phone goes off with a text from Kyle. A picture of
his face with a dramatic sad mouth makes me laugh. I search my bag for my keys and open my door. "Olivia!" I hear my name shouted and look over the roof of my car towards the voice to see Kyle jogging towards me.

"Hey!" I shout waving with a smile when I see his messy hair.

"Do you wanna get breakfast since we're already up?" He asks nervously.

"I'm meant to be loosing weight Kyle not putting it on" I joke.

"We can choose healthy options" he states smiling.

I could definitely eat I skipped dinner last night thinking I would eat when I got home but I was too worked up then left this morning without grabbing my banana. "Go on then. A'll drive" I say getting into the driver seat starting the car and turning up the heat to warm me. "Where to?" I ask him as he shuts the door putting his belt on as I head out the car park.

"The Breakfast Bar? I think it's new but heard a few people in my class talking about it" he suggests. I can't help smiling when I look over at him in his tracksuit and obvious bed head as I've noticed one side is a lot flatter than the other. It a sharp contract to being half naked in the pool and his Thor outfit. "What you smiling at missy?" He asks poking my cheek and I swat him away laughing.

"Just your bed head" I state not wanting to give him the wrong idea about me thinking about his body.

"Is it bad?" He asks worriedly flipping down the interior mirror trying to ruffle up his hair into his messy style. "My alarm didn't go off and thought I'd be in the showers before the pool to tame it" he laughs flipping the mirror back up obviously satisfied with his look now turning to look at me smiling.

"It wasn't bad just flat on one side from sleeping" I state keeping my eyes on the road not wanting to get distracted from his cute smile. "Where do I go now?" I ask knowing its in this general direction but not completely sure and don't want to get lost and embarrassed.

"Two streets down. There should be spaces to park at this time" he advises.

I find it without any issues and we head inside getting a seat beside the window. I love people watching. Looking through the menu they have a large variety of breakfast foods and turns out they do lunches as well along with milkshakes and speciality teas and coffees. It had a bright cheery feel to it. A'll definitely be coming back here if the foods good.

"So what do you feel like" Kyle asks from behind his menu. "I'm going to go for the full Scottish breakfast and a mug of tea. Screw the healthy option" he says laughing putting his menu down.

Feeling put on the spot I start to panic. I don't know what to choose. I'd love the same as him but Mark never let me order a fry up, he said I should have the slimmer options such as poached eggs or cereal. I already look a mess with my hair flung up and my gym clothes on. I don't want to look any worse by scoffing fried food when I have a fitness God in front of me probably judging me thinking I shouldn't be eating it.