Friday Night Party

The rest of my week went by in a blur.

Scarlett had heard Mark and I arguing and wanted to know what happened but I didn't want to talk about it. She said she respected that but only as long as I told her eventually which I agreed to knowing she would give me space if i did.

When I wasn't at Uni I was reading up on my course work and searching for my research materials in the library and on the Internet. Scar and I had lunch with Ant and Jonah on Thursday but I have tried to pull back from Jonah's flirty ways. I think I've hurt him but I can't deal with everything going on with Mark and the new feelings and sensations Jonah seems to elicit from my body.

Now it's Friday and Scarlett agreed to come with me and Mark to the party. I only think she's coming because she doesn't trust Mark with me.

It had taken all of my afternoon but I finally decided to wear my black bodycon dress with my black wedgies. I had my Bridget jones knickers on to suck my stomach in and paired it with a chunky necklace and leather bomber jacket. Scarlett had done my make up tonight and I loved the smokey eyes she has given me and we backcombed my natural curls to give me some big hair.

I know I probably shouldn't wear a dress with my legs but after a couple of glasses of wine Scarlett was very persuasive and I gave in.

"Selfie!" Scar shouts walking over to me in the kitchen. We take a few pictures on my phone, some cheesy ones and silly ones and then we took a pic on Scarlett's Polaroid camera. It was a really nice one of us carefree laughing. I think the timer was a bit off so it's a natural one.

We had decided that the small wall beside the front door would be our photo wall to put up our memories. We had some from Nursery right through to our last day of school, so we pinned it up with the caption "1st Uni party!"

The door buzzer went and it was George the doorman letting us know Mark was here to pick us up.

"Remember if you want to leave at any time you let me know and we go. I'm not leaving you alone tonight with that arse!" Yip I was right!

"I know. Hopefully it will be fun though and we can mingle and meet some new people." I say.

"I forget wine Olivia likes to be sociable" she laughs pushing me as I lock the door.

"Ha ha ha. I am sociable" I moan.

"No you are not. You only talk when someone talks to you but you wouldn't dare start a conversation with anyone" she states.

Pushing the button on the lift for the ground floor I huff out a breath knowing she's right.

We get in to Marks car with me shotgun. "Hey!" I say trying to be nice when we get in the car but he's texting and barely looks up.

"Hi" he says eventually looking over at me. "Won't you be too cold in that dress" he asks raising an eyebrow looking me up and down.

"No I think I should be ok" I say slightly upset he hasn't comment on how I look.

"Don't you think Olivia looks hot Mark?" Scarlett asks from the backseat looking at me in the rear view mirror.

"Yea you look good Liv" he forces out. Maybe this is what Jonah was talking about. I made a lot of effort tonight and he hasn't even acknowledged it.

"Good doesn't describe how amazing she looks tonight" Scarlett pushes but Mark just starts the car and drives on.

"Thanks Scar" I say sarcastically rolling my eyes at Mark causing us both to laugh. "You look amazing too" and she did. She had on a black dress as well that was like a second skin. It had a mesh panel down the middle showing off her boobs and she had black peep toe stilettos on. Her hair was in a messy up do and her make up was flawless as always.