CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR.

THE PRINCE | twenty-four.

B.

"I didn't realize how much you liked him."

"Neither did I," I tell my mom. "Not until the last couple of days," I murmured. My chin was placed above my two hands that were on the edge of my mother's bed.

I refused to go on the bed with her in fear of hurting her. I made sure to keep my distance, but not too far to where if she needed my help, I'd be there in a second. She said it was an irrational fear, but I think it's justified.

"Have you spoken to him? Y'know, since you've left."
"No," I shake my head. The corner of my mouth turned up. "It is what it is, I guess," I shrugged my shoulders. I stood up slowly not taking my eyes off of her.

"You don't have to watch me all day, y'know. Go out. Have fun. It's still your summer vacation."

"Actually," I inhaled deeply. "I do have to go." I stood up quickly and straightened my clothes.

"Finally!" she clapped.

"To work."

"No," she groaned throwing her head back on her pillow. "I didn't even know you had a job," she says lifting her head up.

"Surprise," I lift up my hands, laughing. "I really do have to go," I say stepping closer to her. I carefully bent down giving her a quick kiss on her cheek. "Call me if you need me."

"I will."

I walk towards the door before stopping abruptly. I turn on my heels and ask, "When's Steven coming back from his trip?"

"Tonight," she instantly smiled.

"Oh, cool. Alright. Well, I'll see you later."

Walking down the hallway, I can hear her call something out.

"What?" I ask.

"Who are you working for?" she yelled.

"A catering business! Bye! Love you," I yelled back before walking out the door.

I ran out the door straight to Liv, who was waiting outside in her car. "Come on, we're gonna be late!" she waved me over as she started her car.

"Sorry," I breathed out once I was in. I shut the passenger door and quickly put on my seatbelt. The smell of french fries engulfed my lungs. I look down and see a bag of Wendy's.

"I got you some fries. We can't be hungry during shift. It's brutal and then we'll start eating the guests' food." She grabs some fries from her lap and shoved them in her mouth.

"You are God-sent," I moaned, grabbing a bag. I reached down for the fries and immediately started eating.  "Thanks again for getting me this job. I need to get my mind off things," I told her as she began driving.

"No problem. How is everything?" she asked.

"Okay," I nod my head. "Kind of, I guess. I don't know."

"Have people calmed down?" she asked, glancing over to me.

"Not really. I still get messages from random people and calls from news stations and TV shows," I say pulling my phone out from my back pocket. "They want to know the 'scoop' between the prince of Monaco and little ole' Baby Morales."

"This is all so weird. I still haven't processed it all."

"That makes two of us. At least they're off my front lawn."

"That's because the police threatened them."

"The one time the police is useful," I reply half-jokingly.

"Deadass," she laughs shaking her head.

Work was alright. It was my first day, so I just shadowed the workers and went through training. The next job will be when I put my training to use.

By the next month and couple of jobs, I felt like a pro. It wasn't too bad. The only downside was drunk guests. They can get a little handsy, but nothing I can't handle.

This is how my life played now.

Sleep then work then sleep then work. With a little bit of free time in between. I have been so busy, I haven't even had time to think about Justin as much as I did before.

I may not think of him as much as I did before, but I still think about him. Random things remind me of him, so it's hard not to.

Sometimes when I'm working, I think I see Justin. Obviously, it isn't him, but for those couple of seconds that I think it was, my heart flutters and I instantly grow happy. But soon, the high that I once felt instantly lowers once realization hits.

Moving on has been harder than expected and it especially doesn't help that I see his face in magazines and on TV, everywhere I go.

"Finally," I muttered once my back hit my bed.

Work was extra long today because we had to cater a wedding.

Weddings were definitely my favorite to cater. Seeing the beautiful couple dancing in the middle of the room, surrounded by the people they love, finally together — married. It's beautiful. Tonight it was two men. You could see the happiness written all over their faces. I just wanted to run up to them, congratulate them, and hug them all at the same time. They were so cute.

I stare up at my ceiling, thoughts going wild in my brain. It's crazy.

I mean, marriage is a crazy thing. You are giving yourself to a person till' the end of time. They are the only person you want to be with. The only person you want to love. The only person who matters.

My hands covered my chest, feeling the beating of my heart. Ever since Monte Carlo, I have been a real hopeless romantic. I could hear a song and it makes me think of Justin and all those moments we had together. God, I miss him.

I was growing frustrated at myself. Why couldn't I just let this boy go? Why must he always be on my mind? Why must I always think about him? Wondering what he's doing at this very moment.

My conscience is practically yelling at me, 'He's a prince who lives on the other side of the world! Let him go!'

Let him go... Let him go... Let him go...

I've been telling myself that for almost two months. Am I crazy? Am I crazy for thinking that maybe he feels the same way too? That I'm not the only one who thinks about the other constantly, no matter how hard I try not to.

Please, God.

Tell me I'm not the only one.

•••

I am beyond excited for you guys to read the last chapters of this book. I was writing them yesterday and I just wanted to post them all, but I told myself to just be patient. Yes, that means The Prince is slowly coming to an end :/
I really love this story. Probably one of my favorite that I've written.

If you're reading this, comment what's on your mind.

Don't forget to vote and comment and tell me what you think about the chapter!

See you guys the next update!
•••