CHAPTER EIGHT.

THE PRINCE | eight.

J.

"Here," I say lowly pointing towards the large villa that was convincingly placed at the end of the road. For some reason, my heart was beating a bit quicker than normal. This has been happening every time I get near Baby. It's only been a few days. What is wrong with me?

I get all nervous and when I get nervous, it's like I shut down. I become some stiff, odd person. Paparazzi, crowds, and screaming girls — I can do. A girl that I actually have some interest in — I clearly cannot do.

The car slowly approached the driveway of the villa making my nerves immediately act up. I cleared my throat as my driver got out of the car. He rushed over to my side and opened the door for me. I thanked him before walking up the steps of the front door.

I have been here several times and for some reason, now it feels like it's the first time I've been here. I stopped at the large door. I quickly ran my hands through my hair to make sure nothing was out of place. I tugged at the ends of my shirt feeling slightly overdressed. I didn't have time to change.

I came straight here after the last, dreadful meeting. I believe Jaxon has some type of vengeance against me. Those meetings were meaningless, but that's another story for another day.

Back to reality.

Why am I so nervous?

I need to calm down.

I reach over and press my finger against the doorbell. Standing back up straight, I waited patiently for someone to open the door. Seconds later, the door opened revealing their driver, Leo.

"Prince Justin," he says taken aback as he wraps his robe around him tightly. "Que faites-vous?. I mean, Bonsoir," he chuckles opening the door wider.

What are you doing here? ... Good evening.

"Bonsoir, Leo," I let out a small laugh.

"You do realize it is late at night, right now?" he raises an eyebrow. "I was just about to go to bed."

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to bother you."

"It's okay. What brings you here?"

"Is Baby here?"

"Ah," he smiled knowingly. "Yes. She should be upstairs. "Do you want me to go get her?"

"Yes, please. I don't think she'd like for me to go up there unannounced."

"I think you're right," he chuckled. "She was a bit upset earlier," he explains as he turns towards the stairs.

"Upset? What? Why? D-Did she say anything?" I ask rapidly stopping him, putting my hand out on his shoulder. "Why was she upset? Did she get my message?"

"By the looks of it... I don't think so, no," he shook his head.

"But I sent a message. I know I did. Nicolas even told me he spoke to Colton."

"Nicolas may have spoken to Colton, but Colton may have not spoken to Baby," he says shrugging his shoulders.

As he walked away, his words replayed in my head.

Nicolas may have spoken to Colton, but Colton may have not spoke to Baby... I swear...

I knew there was something between Colton and Baby. I knew it. He must have some type of interest for her. I couldn't even blame him because so do I.

Did Colton really not tell Baby I couldn't make it? Or did he just forget? Or maybe Leo is just mistaken?

Many things ran through my head in a matter of minutes, I hadn't realized someone had went down the stairs.