CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE.

THE PRINCE | twenty-one.

B.

"Are you sure it is safe for her to go outside?" Justin asks his brother and Nicolas, his butler -- who is very nice may I add. With his arms crossed, Justin paced up and down on the carpeted rug in front of me.

"Yes, Monsieur. Security has calmed down the crowd and will help escort her out." Nicolas informs him.

"I am not sure if it is safe for her to even step out of here."

"Is she ready to deal with them?" Prince Jaxon questions curiously, giving me an unreadable look. This man does not like me...

I clear my throat automatically, getting their attention. "She is right here," I point to myself. "I think I can handle it," I said rising up from the large, leather couch. "Plus we won't know until I get out of here."

"Okay," Justin sighs letting get of the curtain. "Let's go," he says walking over to me.

"You're coming? Are you sure?"

"Why wouldn't I? I cannot let you go out there alone especially if it is my fault." He grabs my hand gently and leads me to the front doors. "Keep your head down. Don't pay attention to what they say. If you get scared just squeeze my hand. I will be right here next to you."

"O-Okay," I nod my head. He opened the door slowly, revealing four large men guarding the door.

"Allons-y," he tells them. Two of the men stand in front of us and the other two went behind us. We made our way down the small stairs causing for an uproar to occur.

I gulped nervously, looking at the crowd behind the gates. I could hear the cameras clicking all the way from here.

"Justin! Justin!"

"Qui est cette fille? D'où vient-elle?"

"Je t'aime! Épouse-moi!"

I keep my head down as Francis opens the back door of the shiny, black limo. Justin lets me go in first before following close behind me.

"They like to bang on the windows especially in a frenzy like this," he informs me pulling me closer as Francis shuts the door. "I really am sorry," he says again. I rest my head on his shoulder telling him that it was okay.

At this point I can't be surprised. I should've known something like this would happen. I got involved with a prince. What did I expect?

On the other hand, I can't even blame myself because everything appeared to be smooth sailing. It seemed as though everything was perfect and okay. No one knew of us, but us...and maybe Francis...and Leo...and some friends, but not the whole world.

Does the whole world even know? Am I just being dramatic? I doubt the whole world even cares, right?

Right?

3rd.

"Front page news!" Clara squeals running up to Justin and Baby from the stairs. She jogged down quickly, stopping right in front of them making them slightly move back.

Justin and Baby glanced at each other as she rushes over to them with a magazine in her hands. "I always read this every morning, but when I saw the cover I was in complete utter shock. I was like, 'I know her,'" she says pointing to the photo of Baby being led into the castle.

"Yeah," Baby let out a nervous chuckle. She turned to Justin who stood close behind her. "Uhm. Thank you for dropping me off. I better go," she spoke softly. Going on her tippy toes she gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. As she walked away, she left Justin with a strange look on his face. Something was off, but he didn't know why.