CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO.

THE PRINCE | twenty-two.

B.

Dear Diary,

So this is it. My first entry after coming back from France. It has taken me a while to pick you up and write because of the abrupt end to my trip, but I need to catch you up.

It felt like I was running away. I wasn't. I hope my friends know that, but it sure as hell feels like it. All I can think about is the day I realized everything has changed.

I was in my room drowning in my thoughts thinking about what everyone thought (thinks) of me. I knew what they were (are) thinking. Haven't really said it, but I knew. Hell, if I was someone else and saw the photos I would've thought (think) the same thing -- I'm the Prince's new girl toy. Temporary. His hoe. Any derogatory term is probably what they were (are) thinking.

My friends all saw how I reacted, I could tell by their sympathetic looks on their faces when I came downstairs. When I told them I was leaving, no one was happy, not even Clara. You'd think she'd have some sly remark up her sleeve, but she didn't even have that. She was just as sad as Nicole, Violette, and Colton.

Justin didn't even say anything to me. Not until we were alone.

"You are leaving," he finally said. "Back to America. To Florida. Nearly five thousand miles away. Is this because of the photos? I told you I can fix this."

"I know you can, but it's not because of the photos," I looked down at my hands that were held together in front of me. "My mom. She got hurt and she needs me."

She was in the grocery store and someone found her lying unconscious on the ground with blood coming out of her lower area.

She didn't lose the baby, thank God. Liv told me it was a subchorionic hemorrhage. She's been put on bed rest and I just couldn't find myself spending more time in Monte Carlo. I needed to be by her side, still do.

He understood that after I explained it all to him, but that didn't mean he was any happier to see me go.

Saying goodbye was hard.

I stood in front of both Colton and Clara, who were the ones who took me in. The ones who changed the course of my trip and made it as memorable as possible.

"Thank you for letting me stay with you guys. I left some money on my bed, y'know to cover my expenses and as a thank you."

"You didn't have to do that," Colton shakes his head.

"And you didn't have to let me stay with you, but you did. Thank you, really," I tell him giving him a quick hug.

I stepped to my right to the girls. "You guys have been some of the best girlfriends I have ever had and it hasn't been that long. Thank you for letting me in."

"Awe," Nicole gushed pulling me into a hug.

"Group hug," Violette smiled. All four of us came together in a warm embrace, not wanting to let each other go. Once we finally did, I looked over to Clara who was swaying in place, looking down at the carpeted floor of the airport.

"Clara," I sang, but she didn't budge. "Clara...Clara." I slapped her arm.

"Ow! What was that for?" Clara glared at me, rubbing her left arm.

"I'm trying to say goodbye and you won't even look at me!"

"Maybe I don't want to say goodbye."