22: Asking her out

Soarin's POV

Wow! I didn't knew Dash can sing like that!

A few hours later we all piled off to head to oir next classes. I hung back so I could talk to Dash about......Something.

I saw her grabbing her saddlebag, and talking to Starlight and Spitfire. "Admit it Dash you realy like him!" Starlight teased. Dash blushed and avoided their gaze. Wonder what that's all about.

I was about to walk towards her when suddenly a pegasus stallion with blonde mane tide up to a bun beat me to her first.

"Hello Rainnykins" He purred. Dash gritted her teeth and walked pass him, the idiot still followed her though. Narrowing my eyelids I stalked them both, laying low and making sure they don't spot me.

I saw that dude cornering her to a wall. "Zepher breeze go away before I punch you in the face!" Dash threatenned. Zepher looked scared but he still wouldn't leave her.

"Now now Rainnykins, no need to get all nasty about me" He said wiggling his eyebrows. I stuck out my tounge in disgust.

Dash growled and then pushed pass him and ran off somewhere. Zepher tried to follow her again but I stopped him, emerging from behind the trash can I was hidding.

"Hang on now, do ya mind leaving Rainbowdash alone?!" I gritted my teeth and he glared at me. "Or what?" He challenged.

He poked me harshly and then stormed off. Blast him, If he's planning on askung her out well he better back off!

I'm the one who'll ask Rainbow out on a date first! Not some bozo like him!

Snarling I followed him again, just to maoe sure he doesn't steal my girl.

I followed him to the halls where there were a few students chilling there, vandalyzing the lockers. Rainbow's face was red from anger and embarrassment, and Zepher is still flirting with her.

I was about to stomp over there and give that idiot a peice of my mind when, a voice startled me. "I see you're jelouse" Rapidfire said. I jumped. This was the first time he's spoken to me in weeks!

"Me? Jelouse?! Of that guy?" I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "Dude if looks can kill, he'd probably be dead by now from the way you're staring at them" Wave chill butted in.

They were right, and actualy in my head, I'm stabbing Zepher with a knife right now. But I won't do that just yet because it'll ruin my chances of getting out of this school.

"Dude go get your girl before its too late!" Wave chill said.

And then I saw Zepher's face mere inches away from my marefriend! Well uh future marefriend. Gritting my teeth I marched over there.

"Say Rainbow, care for a fresh flight at aeound sunset, you know, for More romantic-" Zepher started but I cut him off.

"What was that budd?" I cracked my knuckles and the guys came to my side to make me look more intimidating.

"H-hey now no need to get out feathers ruffled" Zepher said gulping, and then he ran away like a chicken.

"My hero" Dash said grinning.

"don't think I didn't see that look earlier, were you jelouse?"

My eyes widened and I blushed and sweated hardcore. "Um uh uhmmm....W-well, I-I-I wasn't r-realy-" I stuttered.

Dash giggled.

Rapid, and Wave gaved me encouraging looks and thumbs ups with thier wings.

I took a deep breath and

"D-Dashie...I uh, wanted to ask you if....You're free, Tonight?" I stammered. She looked like she did not expected this.

"Are you like, asking me out?" She asked frowning. I gulped and nodded. I hung my head low ready for rejection when.....

"Sure" She answered. "W-what?!" I asked because my ears might be fooling me.

"I said sure, I'm free for you tonight" She said casualy, winked at me(Sending a bazillion butterflies in my stomach) and left.

I stood there, grinning like an idiot.

Rapidfirs and Wave were snickering, me? Well only two words I managed to get out. "Oh yea"