"So what about you? Is there a boyfriend that I'm going to meet anytime soon?" She asks with big eyes while resting her head in her hands with anticipation.

"No, I don't want to tie myself down," I say with the best fake smile I can muster. I've never had a boyfriend, but I've had enough imaginary ones to last me a lifetime. I'm not a terribly shy person, but I don't do very well in new social situations. I kind of got separated from my friends in high school when I decided to take all college classes my last two years. It never really bothered me though. I'm more of an independent person anyway.

"Really? You seem like the kind of girl who's been in a relationship for two years and you guys are going to get married next month and live a happy life." She over exaggerating every other word to make it sound like a fairy tale. That's my goal, just in a couple of years.

"Did you just get out of a relationship Jessi?" she asks with a knowing smirk. Before I can either embarrass myself with an explanation about never having a boyfriend or make up a lie, there's a knock at the door.

"I'll get it!" Avery says before I can get up. She runs to the door and flings it open.

"Oh," is the only thing I hear out of Avery's mouth. That's a strange reaction for someone who greeted me like I was celebrity. I try to look to see who it is but her tall frame takes up most of the doorway. "You're not Kira."

"No," I hear a deep, slightly raspy voice reply. "I was on my way to a different room and she could hardly lift this box so.." he trails off. This school is very strict on the 'no girls in boys dorms and no boys in girls dorms' rule so it seems weird that he would be on his way to a different room. He probably has a sister that he's helping move in or something.

"You can just put that on the bed over there," Avery says stepping to the side. I'm already annoyed with the boy before he even steps into the room. His eyes are still roaming over Avery's body as she patiently waits with the door open for him. I would have been tempted to smack the guy but she's smiling like she enjoys the attention.

I can't see the details on the pervert's face, but he's dressed in jeans, converse, a Good Charlotte t-shirt and a beanie covering half of his disheveled brown hair. It's way too hot to be wearing a hat.

He carries the box like it's packed with feathers and sets it on the floor with a loud thud. He doesn't look that muscular. Well he does have defined arms... but the box must not have been that heavy.

"I'm Avery," she says walking over to him.

"Nice to meet you," the boy replies like he already introduced himself. Did he forget to say his name or does he just presume that everyone already knows him? Something about the smirk on his face tells me it's the latter.

"Such a gentlemen," I say after I feel like they've stared at each other enough. It's the first time he turns to look at me. I spend a second trying to decide if his eyes are blue or green before I continue. "Bringing up the box for her," I finish so my first comment doesn't sound so sarcastic.

"Yeah, sometimes being an ass all the time gets boring."

Avery laughs like it's the funniest joke she's ever heard but I have a feeling he's not kidding. The sound of someone else entering the room saves me from coming up with some kind of come back.

"Thank you Will," I girls voice says from behind him.

"Sure thing, love," I snort slightly at the name he uses but none of them notice. He starts to head for the door after giving both of them a good looking over again. Avery calls out to him like the desperate girl she's been acting like sense he showed up, "Are we going to see you around much?" 

"Probably not," he simply states without an explanation. "Bye Avery, Kira." He looks at me again and pauses. I'm debating whether to tell him my name or not when he breaks the silence. "Rosie." I'm confused by the name until I see that he's looking at my Guns N' Roses shirt. At this point I'm beyond irritated.

"That's not-"         

"Why won't we see you?" Kira says sounding even more desperate than Avery. What's so special about this guy? All he's done is act arrogant and obnoxious and these girls are falling over him like he's either a billionaire or prince charming. From what I'm looking at, he's neither.

"I'm a business major," he states making all three of our hearts drop.

Of course he is. 

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

vote and comment! I'd love to hear any feedback:)

Don't Say AnythingOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara