Thirty Nine

The next morning Chance dragged me back to his farm because he was giving Mary the day off and he thought me working on a farm would be good for me. It was bullshit but he claimed that since I grew up in the city I didn't know anything about real work. So today I was going to rough it.

First thing we started off doing was feeding the chickens. Chance told me to fill up this bin with their food and handed me a bucket. While I did that his stupid ass let all the chickens loose and they came flapping and bobbing their heads my way. I wanted to scream but they didn't pay me no mind as I took a few slow steps back as they got over to their food and started pecking away at it and fighting to get a turn.

"Your an asshole," I told Chance as he walked over my way.

"What did I do?"
He swore he wouldn't let them loose around me but I could see he was just testing me, he loved doing that shit.

"What else do you want me to do," I asked keeping an eye on the chickens and took a few steps to the left when I saw that one of them was getting to close.

"Come inside, I want to show you something."

He waited until I was by his side and we walked inside the barn and I followed him over to the back.

"Close your eyes."
"Hell no."
"I thought you were supposed to trust me."

"I don't trust you that much, not if your about to play with me."

"I'm not about to play with you so relax, close your eyes, hold out your hands and trust me."

"Chance-"

"Eli."

I huffed and close my eyes and cupped out my hands in front of me hoping he wasn't on no funny stuff. When I heard him step away I opened one of my eyes to peak but he caught me.

"No peaking, eyes closed."

"Fine."

I stood there with my hands out trying to fight the urge to peek and the next thing I know I feel something small and hurry in my hands moving around.

"Chance," I spoke through clenched my teeth because I was scared to make any noise, "I am not playing with you."

He laughed, "Open your eyes."
I peaked out of one eye first scared of what I was going to see but when I saw the tiny little yellow ball of fur in my hand. I did my best to keep my cool as I looked it over, I had to admit it was kind of cute.

"It's so little."
"Yes a baby chick, only a few days old. Not so scary huh?"
I looked away from the chick to mug him, "I wasn't scared."

"Sure you weren't."
He showed me how to feed all the baby chicks while he cleaned up their little area in the barn and after that showed me the roosters and we did the same thing. They weren't all that bad either but I had a problem with one following me and when I tried running away it flapped his wings and chased after me and that little shit was fast as hell. I yelled for Chance to help me as I dodged it and almost bust my ass twice before it left me alone. Chance had a good ass laugh at my expense and when I turned to him I saw him put his phone down.

"Were you recording me?"
"Yes," he laughed.

"Delete it, now."

"Watch out," he pointed behind me and I screamed and turned around thinking that crazy rooster was about to attack my ass again only for there to be nothing there.

"I'm done with you," I stomped towards the gate with him laughing and telling me to come back. I sat until he was done with those little crazy bastards and then we headed off to the horse stables. I wanted to beg him if I could go inside because for it to only be 8 in the morning it was hot as hell not to mention it stunk but the only good thing is that Chance had ditched his shirt and he glistening under the sun as he racked up hay to feed the horses. I still didn't know how I managed to pull that.