Fourteen

Chance

Tonight Luke was throwing Matt a party to celebrate his engagement/ becoming a father. He spilled the beans to me a few weeks back and I was happy for both him and Tiffany. I hadn't known him for long but I knew he would be a great father.

Luke told me this was an all boys affair but I wasn't too surprised to see scantily dressed women scattered throughout the crowd. As I made my way through the house I spotted a few familiar faces. Mainly guys that worked for Money and were most likely friends of Matt and the boys. I respected the guys that worked for Money but rarely associated myself with them. Matt and the boys were cool but some of the guys that worked for Money were the kind of guys you didn't want to cross paths with.

I wasn't scared of anybody but I knew that I had to much too lose to associate myself with certain people. It wasn't me acting like I was better than anyone because I wasn't I was just simply looking out for myself. I didn't want nor need my name coming up in anything that could be held against me.

I didn't see the guys anywhere in the house and when I heard some commotion coming from the backyard I decided to head out there. The first thing I noticed was everyone in a wide circle, yelling out and watching something go down. As I got closer to see what was going on my eyes landed on Eli. I had no clue she was even back in the city so I was pleasantly surprised to see her.

She stood front and center while a guy I didn't recognize rapped and I realized I stumbled upon a freestyle battle. Sure I had seen people spitting freestyles back home but I had never seen anything like this. I didn't catch much but I caught the tail end of his freestyle and knew it was aimed at Eli.

While the guys behind him patted him on the back and the crowd starting cheering him on he took a step towards Eli.

"Still wanna battle," the guy egged Eli on and so did the crowd. There was no way she could back down without looking weak and I knew she wasn't going to. She stared the guy down, he had to be a foot taller than her and outweighed her by at least 150 pounds. He put me in the mind of the singer the Weekend except heavier and covered in tattoos.

Eli stepped to him causing the crowed on her end to hype her up.

"Kill him E," Luke called out to her. Eli bobbed her head to the silent beat in her head since there was no music for them to go by. It seemed like I showed up to the party just in time. As she started rapping it was like seeing a whole other side of her and I was impressed. What made it even better was the way she delivered each line. 

When she rapped that the guy had bigger breasts than her and needed to go bra shopping the crowd ate it up. Especially since it was true. Once she was done the boys crowded around her.

I didn't know if this was Eli's first time doing anything like this but I could tell that her opponent wasn't used to losing. He thought he had her beat but he obviously underestimated her. 

Everyone was cheering for them to go another round but this Obie guy insisted that his wife was going to 'murder' Eli. She was the girl standing next to him and she looked to please to take her mans place.

They kissed before she stepped forward and mugged Eli like she had a personal problem with her. In all honestly I wouldn't be surprised. Eli turned to look at Geo and Geo scratched the back of his neck and stared down at his feet. Classic move from him when he was guilty of something. I could only imagine...

The girl took no time going in on Eli. She dissed Eli's style and everything else she saw fault in. This whole thing fault personal and I knew I couldn't be the only one to notice. She bragged about her hair and flipped her long hair several times and dissed Eli on the fact that she had nothing to flip. And talked about how much of a bad bitch she was and she called Eli so many bitches I was surprised that Eli was keeping her cool.