Ten

Eli

"Are they serious? This is bullshit. They just had a two week break two fucking weeks ago."
Tiffany laughed but I was serious. I wasn't feeling the show Star at first but it was safe to say that Tiffany got me hooked. I binge watched the first season and I was all caught up now but I was sick of all these damn breaks.

"Told you the show was good."
"You were right but you know I don't watch a lot of TV anyway."

"You need to get into Empire again so we can watch it together."
"I watched the first and second season with you."

"But you stopped."

"Cause it started to get predictable and corny."

We had different taste in shows. Tiffany loved reality TV, all that love and hip hop, black ink crap, real housewives of whatever. The only shows we could agree on were Star, How to Get Away with Murder and Power. While she was watching her reality TV bullshit I was watching stuff like Shameless and Game of Thrones. Tiffany could tolerate Shameless but she hated Game of Thrones with a passion.

"You remind me of Star you know?"

I looked at her like she had lost her mind and she laughed.

"Don't play with me."

"I didn't mean it as an insult. You guys both have that wall up, you both are mean as hell and not to mention crazy as hell."
I could take the first two but I didn't agree with that third one, "I'm not crazy."

"You are but I love you anyway," she picked up the bowl of popcorn she insisted on eating while she was watching TV and I helped her clean up and lock up. Once we were done I walked into my room and she followed sitting on my bed next to me.

"So how's your boo?"

"Don't start."

"What," she giggled, "I just asked a question."
"There's nothing going on so you can run and tell the girls and Matt. I haven't seen him since lunch earlier this week. I told you before I'm not interested in him like that and what could he possible want with me anyway?"

"Obviously something because he can't seem to keep his distance. Any other guy would have gave up by now but he's still here so you must be doing something right."
She had a point, usually any other guy would have gave up by now but he was still around. I was convinced that I was a challenge to him. I just wasn't interested in being in a relationship with him or anyone right now.

"Plus Matt and the boys approve," Tiffany pointed out which brought me to my next question.

"Why is everybody team Chance all of a sudden?"

"Because he's a good man and you two would be great together."
Still wasn't convinced, "Can we change the subject please? I'm sick of talking about Chance."

"Fine. I'll drop it. I actually have news, good news."
"What is it?"
"I'm going to tell you but you have to promise me that you won't tell Matt or anyone."

Unlike her though I could keep my mouth shut about important shit.

"Have I ever did you wrong?"
"No you haven't and that's why when the baby is born I want you to be his or her godmom."

"Baby," I was lost until I let what she said sink in, "Oh shit...your pregnant?"

"I took four tests and they all came back positive so I'm pretty sure I am."

I looked her over closely, "How did you know to take the test?"

"I missed my period, I knew it could be a possibility, me and Matt aren't always careful."
"I can't believe your going to be a mom, I can't believe Matt is going to be a dad."