Seventeen

Chance

For the last few months I had been taking a crash course in Eli 101 and so far I had learned a lot but I still felt like she was keeping me at arms length. She wasn't like any female I had ever come across but that only made her more interesting to me. What made it more interesting is I found out that her birthday was in a few days and I was the last one and it was only because I overheard a conversation her and Leah were having at work. I wanted to do something special for her the only thing left to do now was to set my plan in motion.

Vanity was packed and it was just after noon but I wasn't surprised. Another reason why I respected Eli was cause had accomplished far more than a lot of people twice her age. As the bell chimed to the shop when I walked in all eyes gravitated towards me but I came here for one reason and one reason only and I wasn't leaving until I heard what I wanted to hear.

"I recognize you," the receptionist bit the end of her pen, "Are you here to see Eli?"
"I am."

"She's in her office, I'll tell her your here."

"Actually I wanted to surprise her."

"Well she's in her office."

She pointed to the back and I made my way through the shop smiling at all of the women who were eyeing me. I knocked on her office door and her when I heard her tell me to come in I walked right in. She had her eyes glued to her computer screen and didn't notice me until she looked up after I closed the door behind me.

"What are you doing here?"
"You aren't happy to see me?"

She didn't say anything, just watched as I pulled out my chair and took a seat across from her.

"Do you have any plans for your birthday tomorrow," I asked seeing the surprise on her face.

"Who told you?"
"The better question would be why didn't you tell me?"

She glanced back at her computer shrugging her shoulders, "Didn't think it was important."

"You don't think your birthday is important?"
"It's just another day. What's there to celebrate?"
"The day you were born, seeing another year, getting older," I listed off a few reasons, "So it's safe to say you don't have any plans tomorrow?"
"Nothing important, why?"
"Well I wanted to see if you wanted to spend some time with me."

"Doing what?"

"You'll see," I stood up from my chair, she told me she didn't have any plans and hadn't turned me down so that was a yes in my book.

"I didn't even say yes."

"I'm not giving you any other option but to say yes. I'll call you with the details tomorrow just make sure your free tomorrow night."

Eli

I was 24 and had been for a few hours and didn't feel any different then I was when I was 23. I sat around all day and relaxed thanking everyone for their birthday texts and went over to Luke's to smoke. What better way to celebrate your birthday then getting high. When they asked me about my plans for the night I told them I was just going to chill at home. I refused to tell them that I was going out with Chance but I did tell Tiffany.

Of course she insisted it was a date. Especially when I told her that he told me to meet him at his place. I didn't know if he just wanted me to meet him there or what but I couldn't deny the fact that I was nervous. Being alone with him in that big ass house, just the two of us made me want to text him and tell him that I couldn't make it. Until I decided I told myself that I had no reason to worry about anything.