Thirty Three

Chance

Today me and Eli were spending the day together and I decided to do something she's never done before and take her to the botanical gardens. I was unsure of how she would react but she was all smiles and even let me take a few shots of her posing. I loved that she enjoyed spending time with me as much as I enjoyed spending time with her.

She had changed a lot over these last few months but it was all for the better. She was open and honest and smiling a lot more and I liked to think that I had something to do with that. She was even dressing a bit more girly and she looked beautiful with whatever she decided to put on but it was nice to see her getting out of her shell.

"So where do you want to go after this," I asked her after she snapped another picture.

"Doesn't matter honestly," she turned away from her phone and smiled at me, "What about you?"

That smile was my weakness but I wasn't about to let her know that no time soon.

"It's up to you, it's your day."

Her face scrunched up as she thought on it, "Pizza."

I should have known, "Again?"

"What do you mean again? I don't complain when you take me to those weird ass restaurants and make me try all the weird stuff you want me to try."

"Fine,"I threw my hands up, "It's your day so pizza it is."

"Yes it's my day," she smiled reaching down to hold my hand.

We continued walking and enjoying the day until I noticed she was quiet and seemed to be in deep thought.

"You alright?"

She looked at me and nodded, "I'm just enjoying the scenery."

"I still can't believe you grew up here and have never been."

She shrugged, "I just figured it was something I would never be into. Plus what did I look like coming here with the guys?"

"True," I saw what she meant.

"Before you came along all I did was smoke weed, get into trouble, hang at the shop and with the boys and Dj. I rarely spent time outside. Now I'm taking walks, taking pictures of nature, holding hands and going on dates."

She laughed to herself and stared straight ahead before staring at me.

"What," I smiled at her.

"Nothing," she shrugged and stared straight ahead again.

"Eli," I wanted her to tell me what was on her mind. She stopped walking and just stared at me.

"I love you."

Her confession knocked the wind out of me because it was one of the last things I was expecting her to say.

"You don't have to say it back, I just thought you should know."

She ended it just like that and went back to walking like she didn't just tell me that she loved me.

"Hold on," I grabbed her hand before she could go to far, "Are you serious right now."

"Yes. If I wasn't I wouldn't have said it and I'm serious about you not having to say it back. I rather you not, not unless you really mean it."

She didn't look upset or hurt in the least, in fact it looked like a weight had been lifted off her shoulders so I figured it was time for me to make a confession of my own. The funny thing was I just had this conversation with my mom not too long ago. Did I love Eli, yes. If I didn't I wouldn't put so much effort in making sure she was happy.