Eighteen

Eli

I fucked up I know and didn't mean to hurt Chance but he shocked the shit out of me and I needed to get away from him. When he kissed me I kissed him back until I snapped out of it and had to ask myself what the fuck I was doing. It wasn't like me to go around putting my lips on anyone but Chance had a way of making me do things I never thought about dong.

Ever since that night I had been avoiding him, it's been a few days and I couldn't get him off my mind. He had been calling me and texting me and sent some long text apologizing for kissing me but I felt like he didn't need to apologize because I kissed him back. One thing I did know was what happened could never happen again.

Over the past few days I had been cooped up in my place packing because I took Tiffany's advice and found the perfect place. I found a new condo that was perfect and had a bomb ass view, but I couldn't avoid going out any longer. I had to go into the shop today because I had some things to take care of and since Matt had been on 10 every since Tiffany has gotten pregnant she only came in the shop every other day and only a few hours at a time.

I planned to be in and out and didn't tell anyone I was going to be at the ship today so when there was a knock on my office door I paused what I was doing.

"Who is it?"

Instead of responding to my question the knob turned and the door opened anyway and in walked Chance. It's been close to a week since I had last seen him so when he strolled into my office looking like well put together as always I immediately regretted coming into the shop today.

He walked into my office and closed the door behind him like he owned the place and took it upon himself to take a seat as I watched him. It's like he got finer since the last time I had saw him or maybe that kiss had fucked my head up.

"What are you doing here," I spoke up first since he made it obvious that he wasn't.

"I had to run some errands and I was on this side so I decided to stop by and see you."

"How did you know I was here?"

I wondered if one of the girls had snitched on my ass and told him I was here.

"Your car. You drive a bright yellow Dodge Challenger not to mention the license plate has your name on it.

Now I wished I had called an Uber or rode the train.

"So are you going to tell me why your here?"

"I came to see you. I wanted to know why you haven't been answering my calls or texts."

"Isn't it obvious? Look you gotta go," I pointed to the door but he made no move to get up and leave. Instead he just stared at me, hard and it made me uncomfortable but I did my best not to show it.

"Why are you so mean?"

"Why you so ugly?"

I shot back, it was far from my best insult but the only thing I could think of to say.

He laughed and licked his lips causing my eyes to drift towards them, "You and I both know I'm far from ugly."

I rolled my eyes, he was too damn cocky for his own good, "I got work to do and you need to leave."

"I came all the way over here to see you wanted to go out to lunch with me and I'm not leaving til you say yes."

"Guess you'll be sitting there then."

I turned my attention back to my computer, vowing to ignore him but it was next to impossible when I could feel him watching me. He had me misspelling words and fidgeting in my seat. It went on for close to five minutes until I couldn't take it anymore.