Six

ELI

It was Monday morning and I was at Vanity. Today I had packages coming in and always liked to be in there in person to make sure I got what I paid for and to do inventory. The girls could have handled it but from the beginning I've always been hands. Vanity was my baby and I would be damned if I let it fail.

Usually Monday mornings would be the day that I slept in and caught up on sleep since working at the club all weekend but I couldn't sleep. It had been two weeks since Chance so called put his foot down and I was still pissed off over the situation. I still couldn't believe he had the balls to hire a whole other DJ for the weekend.

The girls who were all up on the latest gossip saw DJ Heat throwing me shots over that weekend on his snap chat. He was in my booth talking about out with the trash in with the best. He was a bitch and nothing so I expected him to act like one and throw shade. I wasn't even mad at him because on my business social media page I had people asking me where I was, telling me they missed me and that DJ Heat was the one who was trash.

I was back in full effect on Friday and we I got to the club I had a run in with Chance's new assistant Stephanie. I wasn't to upset to hear that Chance wouldn't be there the whole weekend because he was doing whatever. When she introduced herself to me and called me a sir I felt like she was being shady. I know I wasn't shaped like a video vixen and I knew the clothes threw some people off but that night I wasn't wearing shades or even a hat. Since Bri hooked me up I kept color on my nails and my eyebrows were always done thanks to the girls down at the shop so I didn't look nothing like a sir.

I let her comment slide and got to work. Over the weekend I had worked on a gang of mixes and by Friday I was going stir crazy. The whole weekend I shut the club down and had everyone getting turnt over the way I was going off in the booth. I played everything from old school, new school and in between. Even the G's in the club were two stepping.

Last night I was doing my thing minding my business when I looked down in the crowd and spotted Chance. The club was dark but he was easy to spot because he stood out from the crowd and the guys in the crowd he passed showed him respect and the females open flirted with him but still he made his way through until he got to the bar. He spoke to the bartender and then Stephanie waltzed up by his side. He whispered something in her ear that made her smile and I rolled my eyes.

Chance rarely left the office and I've never seen him walk though the club and mingle with the club goers. So to see him at the bar drinking and socializing was weird. Stephanie was all over him and she looked like the only thing she was assisting with was being desperate. I got my focus back but was thrown off because I felt someone burning a whole through me looking down only to see Chance gazing up at me as he sipped from his glass.

I tried to ignore it, him but every couple of seconds I couldn't help but to give in and look back at him. I don't know if he was purposely trying to throw me off but it was working and that went on for twenty minutes. Even while Stephanie talked to him he would respond back all the while keeping his eyes on me. I couldn't wait to get out of there but when Stephanie came up to my booth and told me Chance wanted to see me at the end of the night I groaned.

I knew I should have listened, went to see what he wanted from me and started to head to his office but my pride wouldn't let me so instead I left and went home. When I told Tiffany what happened she told me that I was playing with fire. Maybe she was right, guess we would see this Friday.

It was slow today with it being Monday and all. Usually I stayed in the office just to stay out the way but today I was sitting out front with Lauren. She didn't have in clients for the next hour so she was helping me out. While I waited on the delivery man I decided to catch up on some reading. Stock Market Investing For Beginners. I figure why I should make some good investments with my money and wanted to learn more about the stock market.