Twenty Nine

Chance

I had been at Eli's for two weeks and at first it was an adjustment but mostly on her part but that was understandable. She was stubborn and acted like nothing affected her or she didn't need help with anything. On top of that I had the hardest time getting her to eat anything remotely healthy but yesterday she had a checkup and her doctor told her she had made great progress and was almost 100 percent and could even get back to work.

Eli was all too happy to hear that so the doctor had to remind her to not overdo it at first. Today we were having a day party at my house for her, sort of like a welcome home party. She told me that she felt bad that the summer had basically came and went and she didn't get to do anything because she was in the hospital so I wanted her to enjoy her day and the rest of the summer considering it was late August and later on we were meeting up at the club. Eli was just happy to be out of he house, around hr friends and probably away from me since I had been glued by her side for the past two weeks.

I walked out the back door and joined the party after getting off the phone with Money who I was expecting to come by later. The first person my eyes landed on was Eli who was sitting with her feet in the pool with a smile on her face as she watched everyone play around in the pool. I had my camera so I snapped a few pics of her before walking over to where she sat where she was talking with her girls. I headed her way to see if she needed anything.

These past two weeks I had noticed a change in her attitude. At first she was set on doing everything herself but lately she had been more vocal when she needed or wanted something and I loved ever second of her being needy. At times she was still struggling to open up and show me her softer side but she was doing a better job at keeping her attitude in check. To the point where anytime I told her something she didn't like instead of arguing with me all she would suck her teeth and a few times I even caught her pouting and I don't even think she realized she knew what she was doing.

"So what are you going to do about your car? I know that thing was your baby," Bri asked as I walked up to the girls catching on to their conversation.

"It just gives me an excuse to upgrade," Eli shrugged, "But I do miss my car."

That was something that she didn't have to worry about for much longer because Money had it taken care of and should be here soon.

"Ladies."

"Hi Chance," the girls all looked greeted me as I walked up to Eli.

"Do you need anything," I asked her.

She shook her head, "I'm fine, thanks."

"You sure."

"Yes," she nodded and looked at her girls and I knew it was because she was still trying not to show them otherwise. I smiled and leaned down and kissed her not caring if she didn't like public affection or not.

"Aww," the girls cooed causing Eli to pull away from me but it was too late and I knew they were about to clown her.

I walked away and could hear them already starting in.

"You two are cute and balance each out. He's the calm to your storm."
"The politeness to your rude ass."

"Why are ya'll always talking shit?"

I smiled as I walked back in the house just as the door opened and in walked Money and a few of his guys.

"About time," I greeted him.

"Had to make sure everything was perfect with her ride you know me."

He said that he had her car situation handled and not even I knew what he had got her so I had to open up the door and take a peak and my mouth dropped as I started at the gold Mercedes G Wagon.