Four

ELI

Another weekend with no plans. I guess I only had myself to blame, I was antisocial and preferred being alone but days like this I wish I had somebody. It was Saturday morning and Tiffany was packing and getting ready to head out with Matt for the rest of the weekend so that meant I would have the place all to myself again.

When I heard a knock at the front door I went to check it and indeed it was Matt here to pick her up. I called out to Tiffany telling her Matt was here before opening the door for him. Tomorrow was their anniversary so they had plans to spend the whole weekend together as if that was something new.

"Ready," Tiffany announced walking into the living room with an overnight bag which Matt took from her as soon as she got near him.

"You should go out yourself, have some fun," Tiffany suggested, "You want to tag along?"

I chuckled and shook my head at that, "Thanks but no thanks. You two have fun."

I dapped Matt up and hugged Tiffany bye and once they were gone I sighed because I was back in solitude. It seemed like I was always alone and majority of the time I preferred my space but there were days like today when I just felt lonely. Tiffany and Matt were booed up and I'm sure Luke and Geo were doing the same. Other than them I had no one I could kick it with or spend time with. Days like this I would pop up on Trell and Missy but I couldn't even do that anymore.

I got up and walked over to the window. It was a decent day outside and I didn't want to stay cooped up inside so I decided to do some shopping. It had just turned fall and it was time for me to switch up my wardrobe and I it was about time I spoiled myself.

I headed to my room and showered before throwing on some sweats and a matching hoodie along with a hat. On my feet I decided to keep it simple and throw on some Nikes and placed my shades on my face and I was good to go.

I grabbed my backpack and keys and locked up deciding today would be a cool day to catch the train since I hadn't in awhile. I already knew traffic was going to be crazy and finding a place to park would be next to impossible and if I had to many bags to carry I could always catch a cab or an uber.

I headed to the nearest subway entrance and didn't have to wait long to catch my train. I found an empty seat in the corner and sat down and pulled out my phone. No messages from nobody but it wasn't a surprise, my phone was always dry.

Once I got to SoHo I got off the train and once I got to the street I didn't know where to start so I just started walking. I headed into DKNY and started to browse ignoring the thirsty ass saleslady asking me if I needed any help. Being young and black I had my fair share of bull shit and like any other day I wasn't for it. Once I was done in there I continued on to other stores. I usually set a budget from myself but today I was spoiling myself.

Walking into G-star Raw I browsed the whole store seeing a lot of shit that caught my eye. I wasn't checking out a few hoodies something told me to look up. I spotted a tall, dark skin nigga and almost mistook him for a model or an employee until I recognized him as Chance. I hadn't seen since two weeks ago and sure as hell wasn't about to walk up to him and say hi. Even at the club when I was working I didn't see him, only in passing. Just as I went to look away he turned his head and we locked eyes. I turned my attention back to the hoodie I was checking out. I couldn't see him but I could sense him as he made his way over to me.

"Hey."

I looked up only to see him towering over me looking like a model. He was rocking a navy blue designer pullover sweater, beige slacks and casual leather shoes. He was different, dressed different, talked different, even walked different.