Twelve

Eli

After all the shit that went down with Key in my shop earlier this week my attitude has been on 10. I still can't believe him and his girl had the audacity to pop up at my shop and cause a scene during the busiest part of the day. I wish I could rewind time just to slap the black of him and his girl but it was whatever.

Friday at the club I walked in a bit behind schedule and made my way over to the bar. I needed a drink and I didn't even have to tell Leah what I wanted as she sat down a glass of Hennessy in front of me.

I thanked her and took a long sip but couldn't enjoy myself when Stephanie walked up beside me. Instead of saying something right away she just stared at me like she I was supposed to know why she was all in my face.

"Is there a problem," I asked her.

"Do you think it's wise for you to be drinking on the job?"

She always had this tone when she talked and her nose in the air looking down on everybody as if being Chance's assistant made her better than everybody around her.

"And did you pay for that drink?"

I bit my tongue and finished my drink paying her no mind before sitting my empty glass down, "Thanks Leah. I'll be back down later."

I turned and walked away from Stephanie without another word because I knew if I did say something to her and she responded back with something smart I would go off on her. I had a lot of built up anger and frustration and I was just itching to take it out on somebody.

Soon it was showtime and the club goers started filing in the club. Since I was in a mood the music I was playing reflected that. Nothing but hardcore rap and hip hop, nothing but classics. It went on like that for an hour and as Biggie's Dead Wrong blared through the club speakers I felt a hard tap on my shoulder.

Turning around about to go off on whoever had the audacity to touch me but paused when I noticed it was Geo. Taking my headphones off we shook hands and I asked him what was up.

"Why you playing all this riot music like you trying to start a fight?"

"I'm playing classics."

"All I know is you need to play some Beyonce or better yet some Chris Brown or Trey Songz. How am I supposed to pull a bitch to the shit you playing?"

I couldn't help but to laugh, "You should be able to pull bitches regardless of what I'm playing."

My comment made him suck his teeth, "Look just play something else."

I looked at him like he was crazy so he quickly added, "Please?"

"Fine," I rolled my eyes and turned back around putting back on my headphones. I let the song finishing playing out before I set the tone and played Migos' Bad & Bougie which seemed to never get old. The crowds atmosphere changed and all the girls headed out on the dance floor with their hands thrown in the air.

Geo thanked me before disappearing. From there I played the type of music came to the club to really hard. Something that made them want to drink, let loose and forget about the work week.

I looked out into the crowd as I did my thing and spotted Stephanie walking through the crowd with Chance making their rounds. They reached the bar and I watched as Stephanie said something to one of the bartenders. Probably telling them how to do their job when her ass didn't know shit. Before I could looked away I saw Chance glance up my way and quickly turned my head so he wouldn't see me staring and hoped he didn't catch me staring.