Thirteen

Eli

After storming out of Chance's office I was furious. I started packing up my equipment only to spot him leaving the club with Stephanie. I couldn't believe the shit he said to me especially when his ass didn't know anything about me. He only knew the shit I let him see, he didn't know why I'm the way I am or what I've been through or the shit I seen. I trusted him and I felt like he just threw all of what I confided in him back in my face.

I left the club furious and instead of heading home I blasted my music and drove around the city with no set destination in mind. To my dismay I ended up in the cemetery parking lot where my brother was buried. I only made it as far as the parking lot, since the day we put him in the ground I was visited his grave. I couldn't even reach for the door handle without feeling like I couldn't breathe. Every few months I showed up when I was feeling down but never had the strength to get out the car.

I lit a blunt and blasted August Alsina's FML while the truth of what the shit Chance said to me still raced through my brain. As much as I tried to deny the truth behind Chance's words I couldn't help but think he was right.

My cell went off and I saw it was Trell. I answered only for him to yell out that Missy's was in labor. I jumped into gear and headed home, packed a bag and called an Uber to take me to the airport. While I waited the hour for my flight I texted Tiffany that I was going out of town and grabbed a few drinks at a bar in the airport before my flight. I was wide awake on the three hour flight and was glad when they came around with the drink cart and nodded off on the three hour flight and had the cab take me directly to the hospital they were at.

It wasn't for two more hours before it was all over. When I walked into the room Missy was sleep, couldn't blame her but Trell was holding his son. He offered me the Chance to hold him but I declined afraid because he was so small and delicate but I couldn't take my eyes of him. King Latrell Harris.

"How long are you staying," Trell asked.

"I didn't plan to stay long. A day or two at the most."

"Stay longer. You need some time off anyway I'm sure. Call off the two weeks and stay with us. We could use your help and I'm sure you want to spend some time with your with your godson?"
"God son," I snorted not wanting to believe he wanted me to be the babies godmom when I didn't know the first thing about babies or kids, "Yeah right."
"If there's anybody I trust my child around more than myself and Missy it's you."
That was big coming from Trell.

"So are you staying?"
"Yeah."

"Good. Look over there on the chair and grab my keys and head over to the house and get some rest. The doctor told us that we should be able to go head home as soon as tomorrow."

Since then I've been in Georgia. It's been close to two weeks and I was relaxing and allowing Trell and Missy to get some rest. At first I was scared to hold him let alone change a diaper and feed him but I got the hang of it. So much so that I could decipher his cries from when he was hungry, to tired and when he wanted to be held.

Trell and Missy spoiled him enough so when I wasn't sleeping or catching up with Tiffany I was running errands. While I was out I even picked up a few self help books on how to help me control my anger and another book about moving on. I read the books and tried to actually apply what I learned as best as I could. Guess we would see how much help they were in the future.

Trell spotted what I was reading and I could tell he wanted to question me but he didn't. Chance's words were still on my mind and that whole night in general. I know Trell and Missy saw something was bothering me but I made sure to smile and keep up with appearances but the two of them had known me all my life. Luckily they both had been busy these past two weeks dealing with a new baby and family who stopped by daily.