Chapter six

Hey Guys!!! I'm sorry for not updating so fast. Even though its summer, I don't have any free time. Only on Saturday. I hate my summer job. Sorry if that sounded annoying. Anyways it morning time!!! Doesn't own Naruto. T_T

Shikamaru's POV

Although the blinds tried their best to prevent any source of light from filtering into my room, I had already known that it was morning. It was quite simple really. The only reason why I knew it was morning was because the rays of sunlight that managed to sneak their way into my guarded room and land directly over my eyes. Annoyed by the light placed upon my eyelids, I slowly opened them to get adjusted to my surroundings. Unknown to whatever was possessing me, I left my room with a towel in my hand heading directly towards the bathroom. Upon entering, I realized that I was the only person within the house. 'My parents must have left early today.' I thought as I turned on the shower. As it was slowly heating up, I began to strip myself of my clothes and removed the hair tie that managed to keep my hair up during my sleep. Once that was done, I hopped into the shower, relaxing into the warmth that was created through the heated water.

At that moment, I felt a rush of memories of the night before come to me. Naruto's party, everyone in our grade was there, the bathroom scene, Neji and Tenten's breakup with me as a witness, leaving the party early, Neji following after me, him walking me home, the arrangement of us eating lunch together today. Wait a minute. I covered my face with my hands as I felt a blush appear on my face. Neji wanted to eat lunch with someone like me. Why me? I don't mind that he wants to eat with me. Heck, I would do whatever it takes to eat lunch with my crush, but I couldn't help but think why me? Was it because he felt and for what happened at the party? Did he need a friend? Was I just a convenience to him? All these questions swirled around in my head as I washed. Once I was done, I turned off the shower and stepped out, wrapping a towel around my waist during the process. Before I left the bathroom, I quickly began to dry some of my hair with a spare towel before gathering my clothes. I quickly rushed to my room and put on my casual clothes; a green v-neck with a black long sleeved button up, a pair of blue jeans, some socks, and my grey high top sneakers. After I was satisfied with my outfit, I walked back to the bathroom to dry the rest of my hair and styled it into my usual hairstyle.

Once I was done in the bathroom, I walked over to the kitchen and grabbed myself an apple from the fruit basket on the kitchen island. It didn't take me much time to finish the apple as I threw away the parts that I couldn't eat. Walking over to the front door to retrieve my school bag and keys, I noticed that there was a brown paper bag sitting right next to my school bag. I picked it up and saw that my name was attached to it on a sticky note with a small message.

"Have a good day at school Shikamaru. I made you some mackerel and kelp for your lunch. Hope you enjoy it! Love Mom." I smiled at my mom's message as I put the lunch in my schoolbag. After I grabbed everything that I needed, I heard a knock on my door. It was very light, almost as if the person on the other side was hesitant about knocking on the door at all. It puzzled me as to who was knocking on my door at this time when I was about to leave for school but quickly shook my head as the person knocked once more with a bit more confidence. I opened the door to see the one person who was occupying my head early this morning.

"Neji," I said, surprised to see the male standing at my door. "W-What are you doing here?" Neji looked at me before giving me a smile.

"Morning Shikamaru. I was wondering if it would be alright if I walked to school with you today." He said. I looked at him shocked. Did he want to walk with me? A nobody? At this point, I felt like Neji had lost his mind. What would this do to his popularity? Would it damage him? Would e get the same- Enough thinking to yourself Shikamaru. He's looking at you as if you're an idiot now.