Chapter five

Hey Guys!!!!!!!! I'm sooooooo sorry for this late update. A lot had been going through my mind. So yeah. We left off where Neji is asleep at home. Let's go and see what Shikamaru is up to. •/_\•(this looks like Itachi. Lol) I don't own Naruto. Wish I did.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Shikamaru's POV

After saying my goodbye to Neji, I walked up to my house and knocked on the door.  My parents opened it and smiled at me before looking pass me. I smiled back at them as I entered the house and went straight to my room. When I entered my room, I heard the front door close with footsteps heading in my direction. I turned around to see my mom and dad at my door.

"Shikamaru, who was that boy in front of our house?" My mother asked.  I sighed.  I really didn't want to tell her who he was because I knew that she would ask me a ton of questions about him.  At the same time though, if I don't answer her question, she would just keep pestering me about him until I finally answered her.  Because I know my mother very well, I decided to just answer her question now instead of later.

"His name is Neji Hyuga Mom. He's just a friend fr-"

"He didn't just look like a friend Shikamaru."  She said, cutting me off.  "His face was blushing red, just like yours right now. So again, Shikamaru, who is that boy?" My mother asked impatiently. 'His face was blushing red just like mine?' I thought to myself.  'Wait, I'm blushing right now?'  As I was lost in my thoughts, I watched as my dad grabbed my mother by her arm in case she tried to walk over to me and shake the answer out of me.

"Yoshino sweetie, let's give Shikamaru some space to explain himself." My father said.  I looked at my father gratefully.  With him around, talking to my mother isn't so bad, especially when she gets impatient.

"Alright, but please let me go Shikaku." She said to him.  My father agreed to her and released my mother from his grip before he turned towards me.

"Now, Shikamaru, would you ever so kindly explain to us why that boy, Neji, was in front of our house?"  He asked me.  I sighed once more.  If both parents are involved, there is no way out of it now.  I looked at both of them before telling them.

"Well, it's a long story. But I'll tell you anyways. If I don't you two won't stop bothering me until I do tell you, especially Mom.  It all started at Naruto's house." I tell my parents the whole story, not leaving a detail out.  I watched as their facial expressions changed from disgust to curious and finally nothing.  It kind of scared me when their facial expressions read nothing because I don't know what they're thinking at that point, especially since I told them how I felt about Neji and how happy I was when he asked me to hang out with him.

"And that's how Neji ended up walking me home."  I said, finishing off the story. I stared at my parents as while waiting for my mother to yell at me, saying how wrong it is for me to like a guy instead of a girl. But instead, to my surprise and confusion, my parents jump up and down, like they had found out their child is the smartest in his class, which I am.

"Shikaku! Our son finally found someone!!! Yay!!!!!" My mother said happily.  My father hugged my mother as I was even more confused about what they were doing and as to why they were so happy.

"What? I thought you guys would be disgusted with me. Why are you so happy?" I asked them, confused by their reaction.

"You will find out sooner or later." My father said. "Now go to sleep."  Once my parents said their good nights to me and left my room, I slowly walked over to my bed and plopped down face first.  I rolled over on to my back and couldn't help but stare at the ceiling.  So much happened today and I still can't believe that they happened.  I bumped into Neji outside the school building, Tenten threatened me to stay away from Neji, I saw her and some random guy in the bathroom, Neji broke up with Tenten in front of everyone,  Neji walked me home, he asked to hang out with someone like me, I had to tell my parents everything.  Today was just a weird but exciting day.  The only thing that I couldn't stop thinking of was Tenten's threat.  Did she really love Neji or was she just obsessed with him?  So many possibilities were racing through my head and I didn't have a single answer for any of them.  It was confusing the hell out of me.  Before my mind could think of anything else, I simply closed my eyes before drifting off into some good old deep slumber.  Tomorrow will be a better day... Hopefully.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

So now you know what happened on Shikamaru's side. So, why were Yoshino and Shikaku so happy? Why were they so happy? Find out next time. Bye!!!!!!!!!!

Holy cow did I add in a ton of fluff.   I don't understand why I wrote such short chapters.  I get that it was like only chapters 4 and 5 that I wrote short so far(that's all I remember writing short for.  Hopefully I am right), but dang were they short.   It was insanely stupid how short they were.  I still don't understand why they're that short.  I hope you guys did enjoy reading this.  I'm always happy knowing that people still read this story.  It's 4 years old.  Yay! My baby is growing up so much.

Published: April 14th, 2015

Revised: July 1st, 2018