Chapter Twenty Four

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto.

Neji's POV

We were finally at the address Tenten sent us. The adults were given guns where we were given... kunais? We looked at Minato curiously.

"Why are we given kunais?" I asked.

"Just incase." Minato said.

We looked at Naruto and he shrugged. His dad was weird. We looked at Kushina and she gave us some protection that looked like regular clothes. We were thankful because we didn't know what were going up against. Eventually,
we walked over to the building and knocked. To our surprise, it was Kiba opened the door.

"Who is it?" Tenten asked from somewhere in the house.

"Just the mailman!" Kiba yelled as he was closing the door.

"Okay!"

We looked at Kiba confused. I was about to ask him a question when he put his finger to his lips. He gave us an envelope that looked packed. He winked at us before opening the door. He went inside, closed the door and that was it. We looked at each other confused and walked back to the vans. We gave Minato the envelope and he smiled when he opened it.

"Turns out we have a hostage, a crazed maniac and a double agent." Minato said. He showed us what was in the envelope. It was a schematic of the building, where Shikamaru was and ow many people where in the building. It looks like it was only them three. Kiba even wrote a message about how he was only following what Tenten did because he loved her. Poor dude.

We went to the door and knocked again. This time Tenten answered. We were hoping she would answer. She was extremely happy. Tenten hugged me and wouldn't let go. She brought us inside and to the room where Shikamaru was. When we saw Shikamaru, he was tied to a chair by a rope. I saw bruises all over him in different colors, I saw cuts on his arms and legs, dry blood everywhere. I felt like crying, but I had to be strong. I ran to him and gently cupped his face.

"Shika. It's me Neji. Please love, look at me." I said.

He looked up and I saw tears forming in his eyes. I wiped the ones that where running down his face gently and carefully.

"Neji." He said, his voice wavering.

"Shika. I found you." I said, giving him a gentle hug. I felt tears running down my face. I also felt Shikamaru crying because my shoulder was becoming wet. I released our hug and started at him. I gave him a gentle kiss on his lips and everyone but Tenten and Kiba awed. We heard Tenten get upset and we looked at her.

"Okay Neji. Time to be my boyfriend." Tenten said. Shikamaru started to thrash around in his chair.

"Tenten! Leave him alone!" He yelled, but Tenten only laughed at his misery. She walked over to us and grabbed me. She dragged me a few feet away from Shikamaru before she stopped.

"You should stop trying already Shikamaru. Neji is mine." She said with her head down. She suddenly popped her head up and she had a maniac smile on. "HE IS MINE AND MINE ALONE NARA! YOU CANT HAVE HIM! YOU KNOW WHY? BECAUSE HE IS WITH ME. ME AND ME ONLY!"

As she was distracted, I took out the kunai and stabbed it into her leg. Tenten yelled in pain and dropped to the floor, holding her wounded leg. She wiggled in pain and looked at Kiba for help. He stood there, 'not knowing what to do.'

As Kiba 'tried' to help Tenten, Ino passed me her kunai. I ran over to the chair Shikamaru was in and started to cut the rope. When it cut the rope, Shikamaru started to lean forward. I caught him and it was then when I released that Shikamaru was malnourished. I looked at him. He didn't had the strength to move that much.

"Chouji!" I yelled to my boyfriend's best friend. He looked at me and ran over to me.

"What's the problem?" He asked.

"Shikamaru is malnourished. I need help caring him to the vans." I said. Chouji nodded and helped me carry Shikamaru towards the door. Tenten stood at the door and looked at me angrily.

"How could you do that to your girlfriend?" She asked me.

"Easy. You're are not my girlfriend. I have one and one person who I love with all my heart. And that person is Shikamaru." I said. Tenten looked at me angrily and was about to attack us when Kiba tackled her. we looked at Kiba astounded.

"Go! I'll hold her back as long as I can!" He said.

"Traitor!" Tenten yelled at him.

We nodded our heads and we carried Shikamaru outside. We rushed down two flights of stairs and many rooms. We finally reached the front room. When we left the front door, we heard someone running after us. We stopped and turned around. It was Kiba who had a kunai lodged into his arm.

"Go! She's right behind us!" Kiba yelled as he collapsed onto the floor. I looked at the girls and they went in to carry Kiba out. Soon everyone was outside except for Tenten. We had reached the vans when Tenten ran out side the front door. All the guns pointed towards Tenten.

"This is the special police task force for the Uchiha and Uzamaki. Put your hands where we can see them!" Minato said through a bullhorn.

Soon we heard sirens and saw police cars and ambulance. Tenten started to yell and thrash around. No one dare tried to shot her. As the ambulance was taking Shikamaru, Tenten noticed and she tried to throw a kunai she had in her hand towards Shikamaru. I saw the kunai and I ran in front of the path of the kunai, hitting the center of my chest. It went deep into my skin and I staggered backwards.

I heard everyone screaming my name as I collapsed on the floor. I saw my blood oozing out of me and I started to slip into my subconscious. I heard everyone telling me to stay awake as I was brought into another ambulance before I blacked out.