Chapter Twenty Three

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto.

Neji's POV

We woke up early. The place were Shikamaru was being held was two days away. We didn't know how Tenten and Kiba were able to get Shikamaru there in only ten minutes though. It shocked everyone. But Minato told us that Tenten's family was known for making vehicles extremely fast, making a two day drive a five minute drive. They made those cars illegal.

Everyone wore protective gear and ever put into different cars. Sakura, Hinata, Ino, Chouji, Naruto, Sasuke and I were in a van with Minato. Fugaku, Mikoto, Kushina, Kurama, Itachi, and some of Naruto's and Sasuke's police force were in two other vans. We all left in thirty minutes intervals. We were the first to leave.

When we were one school day in, we received a call from Tenten. Everyone was extremely quiet. I answered the phone and put it on speaker. The silence was filled with an annoying female voice.

"So Neji, you going to except my offer or let your 'boyfriend' suffer?" I looked at Minato and he stuck his pointer finger up. I nodded my head and sighed.

"I'll except the offer." I said. We heard Tenten squeal in excitement.

"Okay~! I'll send you the address. You have exactly two days to get here. You can bring your little friends but that's it. Shikamaru, and words to Neji before he becomes my boyfriends? I'll let you talk to him in private." I waited to hear the voice of my boyfriend. To hear his voice talk, not scream.

"Neji?" Shikamaru asked, his voice sounding extremely weak.

"Shika?" My voice sounded like I was going to break down and cry soon.

"Neji. My love. Please don't cry."

"I'm trying not too." I said.

"Is everyone with you?" He asked.

"Yes." I said. I looked at everyone and nodded my head.

"Hey Shikamaru." Everyone said.

"Hey guys" Shikamaru's voice sounded like he was trying his hardest not to puke.

"Shikamaru." Ino said, tears running down her face.

"Ino. Don't cry. Please be strong." He said. "Chouji. Remember what I said to you a long time ago?"

"Yeah. Do you-"

"Yes. Please do that." He said. "Can I speak to Neji alone guys?" Sakura took the phone and passed it to me. I took it off speaker phone and held the phone against my ear.

"Neji."

"Shika." A few tears running down my face.

"Neji. Please be strong. For the both of us." Shikamaru's voice sounded like he started to cry as well. That was all it took for me to break down and start crying.

"I don't know if I can." I confessed to him. "Shika. I'm scared. What if I can't see you again? Then what?" I didn't care if everyone was nearby and was listening to my side of the conversation. I'm talking to Shikamaru, my boyfriend, who got kidnapped my Kiba and Tenten, and I wasn't there to protect him.

"Neji. You will see me again. Okay? Don't think something like that. Y-you have to be strong for us. O-Okay? D-Don't think o-of the w-worst."

"Shika. Are you crying too?" I asked him. I heard everyone gasp behind me. Shikamaru never cried unless something was unsure to him.

"Y-yes Neji. I-I am."

"Why?(hic)"

"B-because I d-don't know w-what is i-in store for u-us. But I-I do k-know that y-you will s-save me." He said.

"Shika." I cried harder.

"Neji." I heard him cry as well. I heard in the background Tenten yelling at Shikamaru that time was up.

"NO!" I yelled, but I was too late. Tenten hung up the phone and I had my phone still pressed against my ear as I was crying still. Thankfully, since I was sitting next to Sakura and Hinata, they gave me a big hug. Everyone looked at me with pity. But I didn't need their pity. I just want my boyfriend back.

Shikamaru's POV

I was able to hear Neji scream no before Tenten hung up the phone. I looked at her. How was she able to look herself in the mirror and not see the monster that is hurting Neji's heart.

"Well. That's enough with that. I won't send a video or picture to Neji, hearing that he will come to me and be my boyfriend again. But a beating should be good for you considering you call him your love." Tenten said.

She called for Kiba and told him to give me a beating. Kiba looked at me and for a second I saw pity in his eyes. He punched my in the stomach once and Tenten laughed. He was about to give me another punch when Tenten left the room. she stopped and pulled out a phone. He played a video from yesterday. It was me screaming in pain.

I looked at Kiba in curiosity. He went to a corner and grabbed a little bag. He pulled my shirt up and I sickly colors of black, purple and yellow on all my bruises. I watched as Kiba pulled out some ointment and carefully applied it on the bruises. I hissed when he touched a bruises.

"Sorry." He whispered.

"Why are you sorry and helping me?" I asked him.

"Because I feel sorry okay."

"But why?" He touched another bruises with the ointment and I hissed again.

"Sorry. It's just I am-was in love with Tenten. But she was crazy about Neji. She saw you staring at Neji before and she got extremely jealous. She heard you were also gay and made me bulky and hurt you. I didn't know what I was doing. I just was in love with her that I didn't see what was going on around me."

I looked at Kiba as he put some more ointment on me. He was just following what Tenten told him to do. He was just in love with Tenten and she took advantage of him. I felt bad for him.

"It's okay. I forgive you for everything." I said. Kiba looked up at me and smiled.

"Okay. I'm finished with putting the ointment on. Let me put this back. When Tenten comes back, act like you were being punched, not helped okay?"

"Got it."

When Kiba put the bag away and walked back to me. He stopped the audio and I continued to make the screams. He made a fist and made it look like he was about to hit my stomach again. I waited for the impact but Tenten opened the door. She chuckled and Kiba stopped. He looked over at her and I hung my head.

"Okay Kiba. Let's go." Tenten said. With that, I was left all alone in the room. 'Please Neji. Come get me soon.'