Chapter Twenty Five

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto.

Ino's POV

I watched as my best friend and his boyfriend were put into two separate ambulances. It was scary. Shikamaru looked like shit because of Tenten and Neji blocked a kunai from hitting Shikamaru by going in front of the kunai's path. I was scared. I was crying uncontrollably as Chouji tried to calm me down. Hinata and Sakura were also crying. Naruto's dad walked over to us and looked at the scene.

"Alright guys. Get in the can. We are going to follow them and make sure they are okay." He said.

We looked at him and we all walked over to the van. As we slowly piled into the van, we heard Tenten yelling and screaming. I looked at her with disgust. Why couldn't she have let Neji go? They wouldn't be in this situation. Once everyone was inside the van, Minato drove us straight to the hospital. We all went to the waiting room as Minato went to go talk to the nurse at the counter.

We waited patiently until Minato walked over to us. He didn't have a great face on when he walked to us. I started to think of the worst and started to cry again. Everyone tried to calm me down as Minato kneeled down next to me. He hugged me as he looked at everyone.

"Everyone. I have bad news." Everyone was quiet except for me who was crying. "Shikamaru went into a coma and Neji is in surgery." I cried even harder. My best friend is in a coma and his boyfriend is in surgery. Could this get any worse? We waited for a long time before we were told that Neji was out of surgery and that the surgery was successful. We asked if we could see either boys and the doctor said that we could see Shikamaru.

He took us to Shikamaru's room and we saw tubes connected to his body, purplish black bruises everywhere on his body. The sight of Shikamaru was deadly scary. We all stood next to our friend. We stayed quiet and started at him. Eventually, we were told that we could see Neji as he was awake. We slowly left Shikamaru's room and slowly entered Neji's room. He was sitting up and looked at our scaried faces.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

I slowly walked up to him and whispered into his ear what happened to Shikamaru. I felt like I was delivering Neji news that Shikamaru died because the look on his face broke my heart. He sat there with a pained look on his face, not knowing how his beloved will do. I hugged the Hyūga gently as the rest of the girls walked over to us. Sakura placed a hand on Neji's shoulder and Hinata rubbed his back. He broke down and started crying. The girls tried to comfort him as the boys looked down at him in pity. When Neji calmed down, it was time for us to leave. The girls and I promised him we would visit everyday. He nodded as we left his room.

No one's POV

The girls kept their promise and they visited Neji everyday for two weeks. They would see Shikamaru first to see if he was awake then to Neji's room to tell him about school and Shikamaru. After two weeks, Neji was released from the hospital. On the day of his release, he went to go see his beloved Shikamaru.

Neji's POV

I walked into Shikamaru's room and saw him. After two weeks, majority of his bruises were gone. I walked over to him and grabbed a seat. I took his hand and started to rub circles into his hand. I looked at him and gave him a sad smile.

"Shika, please wake up. I need you." I said. There was no response and I sighed. I stay a little bit longer until Hinata and my uncle came to pick me up. On the way back home, my uncle kept looking at me through his mirror as I just stared off into space.

"Neji," my uncle said. "Are you okay? A lot has happened recently and I want to make sure you are at least okay."

"....................................................................Yeah. I'm fine." I said.

"Would you like to talk about it?"

"No. I'm fine." I said. My uncle sighed and it was silent in the car again. When we got home, I walked straight to my room. I didn't bother to go eat dinner with my uncle and Hinata. I locked my door and laid down on my bed. I hugged a pillow into my face and I started to silently sob. 'Shikamaru was still in a coma all because of me. It's my fault.' I thought. I stayed like this until I fell asleep.

I woke up the next day to someone knocking on my door. I got up and slowly walked over to my door. I unlocked it and opened it to see Hinata. She had her normal clothes on and a small purse. She looked at me and frowned.

"Neji. Go get ready." She said.

"Why?" I asked, rubbing on of my eye and yawning.

"Because everyone is going to go see Shikamaru today." She said. My eyes grew big when she said Shikamaru's name. "Really?" I asked her. She nodded her head and I closed my door gently. I change into different clothes and opened the door again.

"Let's go!" I said to her. She giggled as I grabbed her hand and we ran outside. We saw everyone outside Minato's van and smiled when they saw us.

"Come one you guys!" Naruto said.

"Today might be the day Shikamaru wakes up!" Ino said.

"So let's go!" They yelled at us. We ran to them and we started to pile into the car. Minato saw me from the mirror and smiled at me.

"It's great to see you again Neji." He said.

"It's nice to see you as well, Mr. Uzamaki." I said. He laughe as he started to drive us to the hospital. Everyone was telling me what happened at school. Tenten got expelled and Kiba got suspended for two weeks. So he should be going back to school around the same time as me. I was relieved to hear that Tenten was expelled from school but I was assuming Kiba would get a bigger suspension. Oh well. With some much talking going on around us, we didn't notice that we were at the hospital already.

"We are here guys." Minato said. We dashed out of his van and went over to Shikamaru's room. We entered to see a doctor near a sleeping Shikamaru. We looked at the doctor puzzled as he let us in.

"Sh. Mr. Nara is sleeping currently. He woke up right after you left Mr. Hyūga." The doctor said. Everyone looked at me and smiled.

"Really? He did?" I asked.

"Yes. As soon as you left, his eyes opened up and he sat up. He looked around and as soon as the nurse entered his room when you left a few minutes ago, she was surprised to see him awake." The doctor said with a smile. I felt myself smiling as we all walked closer to Shikamaru. The doctor excused himself and left the room.