Chapter 9

Roughly two weeks later Jonah's birthday

Jonah

It's been two weeks give or take a few days since I had a fight at school with Carter, I haven't spoken to him since and I haven't really spoken to Carl he has text me but I haven't replied to him I don't want to answer questions that I'm not ready to.

My parents came home from the Black claw pack two days ago and after they received the phone call from my principal Its safe to say that I got my arse metaphorically kick by them, okay they didn't lay a finger on me but I was very close to getting my party cancelled which if I'm being honest isn't such a bad thing I really didn't want to see anyone. My mum and dad told me that although they couldn't full place the blame on me I had to set an example to other I'm soon to be Alpha and I should act like one and that is by not punching the shit out of pack members I just groaned and didn't say anything I mean what could I say 'oh well I think I met my mate but he is going out with one of my closest friends but I can't be sure until you know I turn 18' I'm sure that would have gone down really well but on the bright side the exams are over and done with and I at least don't have to worry about that now.

I have been going to Emmett's spot every night and he has stop going I'm sure it's because he is spending all his time with Carter which brakes my heart wondering what they are doing with each other but he has made it clear that he doesn't want to see me so, I'm powerless to do anything even if I do want to rip Carter apart and feed him to the rouges.

Right now mum and dad are doing the finishing touches to the party tonight they are making sure all the food has arrived, all the drinks are ready for everyone make sure all the decorations are up. I on the other hand am trying to avoid my mother ordering me around because whenever we throw a party of any kind she turns in to mumzilla.

"Jonah get down here and help you father and me put all this food out

"she yells up the stairs " mumzilla strikes again" I mumble under my breath

"I herd that! And I don't appreciate that name you, your father and sister affectionally name me" she say to me hitting the back of my head as I walk passed her I look over to see my dad stifling a laugh to which my mum shot him a glare.

We walk into the hall and everything looks really good all that needs to be done really is the food and drinks I walk my way over to the kitchen and start plating food up.

~

I'm up stairs getting ready I have a shower, shave and brush my teeth my mum has already hung out my suit for me to wear I put it on and start to make my way down stairs. People have already started to arrive and the hall is filling I look over and see Carl stood with Benji and Sam I'm not really surprised to see that Carter hasn't come.

I walk over to Carl and everyone and look sheepishly saying "hey you alright?"

"Look man none of us are holding anything against you, you are obviously going through some stuff and don't want to talk about it, but just so you know when you do we will all be hear for you" Carl tells me reassuringly

"Thanks man can we head out side I think I'm ready to tell you?" I ask him

"Yer okay come on" he tells me he turns to the others in the group and tells them he will back soon and we walk to the garden and make our way to a quite area

"So what's happening?" He asks

"I'm pretty sure I have met my mate" I say to him while looking at the floor

"I know" he say I look up at him with confusion

"How?" I ask

"Well after your little out burst at school and how you acted towards Carter. But what really made me suspicious was that Emmett managed to calm you down in like two seconds, then when he punched you, you didn't do anything you just took it. So I'm guessing it's Emmett?" He states

"Has anyone else clicked." I ask him

"No, I just think that they assume that it's down to the coming of age thing but I will say you confused everyone with going over to talk to Emmett"

"What do you think I should do? He doesn't want to talk to me after that"

"Go and see him make him understand and anyway you will be able to tell for sure tonight anyway won't you"

"Yer you are right. Will you cover for me?" I ask

"You know I will"

"Thanks man" I say then walk away I start to take off my clothes and fold them up and place them on the seating area hidden farther down the garden I shift to my wolf and run.

Emmett

This last two week I haven't been able to get Jonah off my mind all I have done is toss and turn in bed every night and Shadow well he has gone quite on me I have tried to speak to him and the most I get is a huff. The only time I have had any kind of break from thinking about him is when I'm spending time with Carter, and yes I'm still seeing him although I did have to have to have a serious chat with him regarding the 'boyfriend' remark I explained to him that although I enjoy spending my time with him and am happy to see what happens I don't want to be in a relationship with him or anyone really well until I meet my mate it's not fair on them to get emotionally involved then to turn around and break their heart. He understood and asked me if I had thought that maybe he could be my mate. I really don't think he could be I mean although I like him I must say there is still lingering feeling there for Jonah which I don't really understand but only time will tell.

I have been spending so much time with either Carter and my friends that I haven't really been going to my spot or going for a run lately which I know is adding to the reason that Shadow hasn't been talking to me.

Right now I'm sat in the living room with my family and the door goes. I get up and walk over to it and open it, standing there is Lou with a bottle of wine, I look at her and cock my eyebrow.

"Well neither of us are going anywhere tonight and we are pretty much the only people who aren't so I thought we could have our own celebration" she says with a laugh I look over at mum and dad as if to ask if it was okay

"Hey you are practically 18 knock your self out just don't get drunk" my mum told us Louise look at me and smiled walking in and grabbing two wine glasses and headed to my room.

We get in and sit on the bed "So how are things between you and Carter" she asks

"Umm okay I think. I have made it clear that I don't want a relationship at the moment and he seems to except it" I respond while poring the wine out

"So I have been meaning to ask but you have been with Carter whenever I have tried. What the bloody hell was that with Jonah at school?"

I look at her not knowing how to respond "nothing really he was just acting like a crazy person?" I say making it sound more like a question that a statement

"Look what ever you're selling I'm not buying it. If you don't want to talk about it then fine but say you don't want to talk about it" she snapped at me sounding annoyed that I won't tell her

"Fine I would rather not talk about it. Please"

"Okay fine but let's drink" she says to me holding out her wine glass in a cheers type gesture.

~

After we finish off the wine Lou told me that she was going to make her way home she called a taxi and when it arrived she left.

"Run now!!" Shadow bluntly tells me

"Well, hello to you too Shadow" I sarcastically reply this is the first time he has spoken and that's how he wants to talk to me.

"RUN NOW!!!" He shouts at me

"Okay okay we'll go" I huff I make my way down stairs and shout to my mum and dad that I'm going for a run and make my way out. I remove my clothes and shift running off to my spot

A/n
I know this chapter is short but it needed to be due to the content in the next chapter which will be private. I wanted to make it so that if anyone who wanted to read this story with out the sexual content they can with out missing out on the story so the next chapter will only contain that and will pick up in the next chapter straight after. Thanks for understanding
Hugs and kisses 💕💕💕