Prologue

Kimberly Wayne. It was the name her father granted to her the moment she was born, tracing back to the Scottish origins of the Wayne family. As a young girl, she knew nothing of her mother, or her true origins.

Harleen Quinzel was once her name, before she soon fell for the Joker, her deadliest patient in Arkham Asylum. Eventually, she became Harley Quinn, the Joker's infamous mistress. In an unexpected run in with Harley Quinn, the Batman found himself drugged. The two engaged in intimate relations. Little did the young Wayne know, a child was conceived.

Seven months following the run in with Harley Quinn, it was brought to Batman's attention that Harley Quinn had given birth in Arkham Asylum. Determined to keep his secret, Batman agreed to take the newborn to the nearest orphanage, where she would soon find a home of her own. Bruce, however, went through the process of claiming the child as his own. According to the public, Bruce Wayne's biological child, Kimberly Wayne, was motherless, after his fiancé passed due to complications during childbirth.

Kim was raised from birth by the multibillionaire and CEO, Bruce Wayne. She and her adopted older brother, Dick became the first Robin and the first Batgirl. Bruce took them on patrol through Gotham City, taught them to use weapons, and to be skilled in hand to hand combat, all from the moment she turned 10. Now, at just 16 years old, she was a gifted student at Gotham Academy, and 7 time winner of the Miss Gotham competition.

To the outside world, she appeared as nothing more than a spoiled heiress to a multibillion dollar industry. In truth, she was a privileged young lady, in comparison to the rest of Gotham. Her bedroom was the size of the average house in Gotham. She received a sports car for her 17th birthday. Her butler, yet best friend, waited on her hand and foot. She owned nice clothes, electronics, and everything else a girl her age would need. In a city like Gotham, she was lucky to have what she had. In spite of it all, spoiled was the wrong word to describe Kimberly Wayne. For her entire life, her father taught her about the importance of money, gratitude, and morality. She was lucky. Had her father not saved her, she would have been one of the very villains the Bat Family fought so hard to put at bay. Who knew? She may have even been dead.

Bruce struggled greatly in the first few years of raising Kim. He didn't understand what it took to raise a child, nor did he feel ready to open his heart to a child, whether or not she was his. Eventually, as he grew to love her, he found her to be the most kind, sweet soul he'd ever encountered. Kim cared for her father deeply, as he did her. Bruce never had such comfort in his life, only from Alfred, who raised him after the death of his parents. He found comfort in raising his daughter as well. Spending time with her, teaching her how to live, to get ready in the morning, to eat properly, everything he could possibly imagine for her, he provided. Kim had always felt safe under her father. She was aware of his abilities, his skill, and his protectiveness over her. Whenever she needed him, he dropped everything to be there for her as quickly as possible. She worshipped her father to no end, so much so, that when she was informed of her true origins, she was unfazed. They were each other's support, but she relied on him more than he did her. Without her father, she wasn't sure where she'd be.

Little did she know, everything she ever knew would be put to the test, and her world would soon crash down around her.