Chapter XV

"I hope you're right about this..." Batman said quietly as he haphazardly steered the Batwing.

"I know these mountains well. I've been climbing them since I was four. It was part of my training." Damian sat in the passenger seat with his arms crossed. He stared out the window, recalling his conversation with his sister, and how she'd threatened to kill him.

"That's some training for a four year old..."

"First time I climbed up, I fell. Broke my wrist." He shrugged. "I made it to the top anyway. It was expected. I was Ra's Al Ghul's grandson."

"Was it all like that Damian?" Batman asked quietly.

"I was being groomed to lead humanity, like my grandfather. We were going to create a whole new world."

"By killing."

"If that's what it took." Damian snapped. "What about you? I see you failed miserably to train your daughter. It was easy to take her down."

"I told you to stop talking about her. My daughter was raised a skilled combatant. I wanted her to be able to defend herself, but I allowed her to retain her personality and her humanity. I allowed her to do what she wanted to do. She has a strong heart, and until your people shattered her spirit, she was fearless." Batman shook his head. "Now all she can do is live in fear... And I can't fix it."

"Ah, the untouchable Princess Kimberly Wayne." Damian scoffed. "She should be able to fix herself."

"I'm beginning to think you've never known the love of a family. I'll do whatever it takes to protect her." Batman narrowed his eyes. "I know you went to see her in the pool, against my instructions." He scolded. "I told you to stay away from my daughter."

"She hates me." Damian looked away from his father frustratedly. "She hated me the moment she saw me."

Batman sighed. "Tell me honestly, Damian." He turned his attention away from the skies and to his son. "After all that's happened to her... Can you really blame her?"

<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•

Kim perked up as the gates to the batcave opened, allowing for the Batmobile to drive in. As Bruce stepped out, Kim smiled softly. "Find Langstrom's family?"

"Yeah. They're safe. And where is he?" After removing his hood, Bruce walked over to his child and planted a kiss on the top of her head.

"Dick took him to one of your labs. Didn't want him wandering around." She looked toward Damian with a cold gaze.

Bruce sighed at the thick tension between his children, and placed his hands on his hips. "Pack a suitcase. We're leaving tonight. Batman has to meet with Interpol."

"What?" Damian uncrossed his arms. "Where?"

Bruce smirked. "We're going to London, England." He turned toward his son. "I hope you enjoy your first time in a private jet, Damian. Your passport's in your room. Go get it. We leave in an hour."

<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•