Chapter XII

Hi, all!

I'm gonna be attaching youtube videos to songs that I put together in a playlist for the book. They're up top if you swipe left on the pictures!

Feel free to listen as you read, or just listen on your free time! These songs can be some of Kim's favorites, or some that just fit with the vibe!

Love you!
-andy 💜

<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•

Week 2

Kimberly awoke to the sound of her cell doors opening. She found, as she opened her eyes, that Connor was no longer present. Not only that, but her arms were chained tightly behind her back, leaving only about 4 feet of room for her to move away from the wall. "Looking for your friend...?" Ra's appeared in the doorway. "Fear not. He's been safely moved to another cell. You'll see him soon. After we get the chance to speak." He bent down in front of her. "Oh, you poor thing. You can't even sit up." He reached his hand out and caressed her cheek. "Such a tortured soul..." Kimberly grimaced and curled up further into a ball.

"Please, leave me alone...." She begged. "No more... No more."

"I fear any more physical torture would kill you, however... We need samples and data from you that we have yet to take."

"Did you hire the Joker to do this to me...?" She panted heavily.

"I did not expect him to shoot you, my dear. Jason's mission was to corner and inject you with the serum. Nothing more. I should have known better."

"It was you..." She whispered. "Wasn't it...? You brought Jason back..."

"I wanted to restore what was lost to your family. After all, I hired the Joker to distract you three in Bosnia. I didn't think for a moment that he would torture you, or murder the boy." Ra's sighed. "But as you can see, the boy's lost who he was. He lives to maim and kill others. Even you..." Kimberly looked down in response. "The girl he once loved so dearly."

"Why are you doing this to me...?" Kim wept. "Please, I want to go home..." She pulled at her chains to no avail.

Ra's leaned forward. "I've come to ask you again, Kimberly. Will you join us...?"

Kim looked into his eyes, her own filled with sorrow and fear. "No..." She whispered. "No, I won't."

"So be it then." Ra's stood up slowly and looked down on the lifeless girl. "Your punishment will resume tomorrow. It's as I said, Kimberly." He smirked. "You're nothing more than a number here." He turned away, putting in his last word. "Oh, and you won't be seeing your friend for a long while now. The two of you will have to forget about food and water for the next few days."

"You can't..." Kim tried to shout, but could not bring her voice above a whisper.

"Fear not. Jason will keep you company." Ra's smirked and closed the door behind him. Kimberly craned her neck to see the rest of the cell. From what she could lay her eyes on, Connor was nowhere to be found. They truly had separated the two. Kim allowed her tears to fall onto the concrete as she lost all hope of survival. She couldn't get through a day without Connor at her side. He was her only comfort, her only friend in the world.