Chapter VI

"Kimmy, I know you—"

"It was you..." Kim whispered, her heart shattering. "You did this..." She stepped backward, shaking her head vehemently. "Get out." She hissed. "Get out of my house!"

"Kimberly, you have to listen to me! You don't understand, what he did to you is part of something bigger!"

"What did you do with the Joker...?" She whispered. "How could you work alongside him to do this?!"

"I got rid of him, Kim. He's gone! They took him, and they're holding him as we speak."

"You did this. You're the one who shot me, who stripped me naked and left me there!" She sobbed. "Why?! Why, Jason?!" She looked away from him, tears streaming down her cheeks. "I loved you..." She whispered. "And you..." Her mind flashed to the Red Hood cutting off her clothes, groping her breasts, and leaving her naked for the world to see. She covered her mouth in horror. "Why did you do this?!" She shrieked.

"Kim, I..." Jason stepped backward as he watched the veins on Kim's neck glow a bright purple color. As he looked back toward her eyes, they were beginning to glow as well. The room swiftly began to rise in pressure, and Jason stepped forward. "It's happening, don't you see?!"

Kim looked down at her arms, spotting the purple veins flowing up and down her body. Her eyes doubled in size, but the distraction seemed to cause the strange magic to subside. "What did you do to me...?" She whispered.

"I came to warn you, Kim." Jason stepped forward grasping her hand gently. "That drug we gave you... It'll be fully settled in your body in a few days, and after that... Everything will spiral out of control. It's going to completely alter your body, and give you an insane amount of power. You have to protect yourself. He'll come back for you the moment you lose your mind! He'll brainwash you... and you'll end up just like him." Jason placed a hand on his chest. "They brainwashed me, Kim. You have to believe me." He placed his hand on her shoulder.

"Who's 'they'?" Kim raised an eyebrow her eyes widened with betrayal. "You're lying...I can see right through you, you're lying!" She grimaced and slammed both of her hands onto Jason's chest. "Get out of here, now! Don't ever let me see your goddamn face again, or I'll fucking kill you, you hear me?!" She stepped back toward her bed and pressed the button on her footboard, calling for the Bat's help. "Get out, before he sees you." She seethed. "Get out!"

Kim watched Jason quickly flee from Wayne Manor through her bedroom window. She stepped back into the middle of the room and stared at her trembling hands. She couldn't explain how her veins appeared so fiery, or how the pressure rose in the room. The thought of Jason's words reigning true shook her to the core. The one she loved most in the world betrayed her. Suddenly, her emotions ran dry, and her face full of tears turned blank. Her mind returned to Jason Todd, or rather, the memories they shared together. As she shed her final tear, the door to her bedroom burst open. "What is it?" Batman rushed to his daughter, grasping her shoulders gently.

Kim shook her head slowly. She looked into her fathers eyes. His stomach dropped at the sight of her. Her face lost all color, and her eyes rolled back into her head, which lolled back as her knees gave in. "Whoa, whoa!" Bruce caught the child as she fainted, lowering her to the ground gently and holding onto the back of her head. "Alright..." He removed his glove and pressed his hand to her forehead, finding it was at a normal temperature. Bruce touched his earpiece as he called for Alfred. "Get up here, and call Reynolds. Kim just passed out."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>