Chapter XXIV

Kim stepped carefully into the broken glass of Wayne Manor's ballroom windows. She watched as Alfred swept up the glass, while Bruce returned a few relics to their designated places, some of which having been broken in the battle. Dick stood off in a corner, mopping up the strange bodily fluids of the undead. "Kimmy, come help us."

"Jason left us." She spoke softly. "He didn't even look back."

"He knew where he was going." Bruce placed another book into the labeled box. "He would have ended up in Arkham. If he's smart, he won't come near this family again."

"And if he does?" Kim crossed her arms.

"I'll take care of it." Bruce replied flatly. He watched as she lifted a small statue and placed it back in the corner of the room. "Kimmy, you don't need to worry. Besides... Damian's gone now. You'll have some peace and quiet before we meet with the new team."

Kim perked up. "What?"

"The Justice League has arranged for our descendants to join a team of their own. That way, you can learn what you'll need to succeed us."

"Dad, I don't want to do that." Kim shook her head. "I don't want to join a team, you didn't even ask me!"

"Relax." Bruce sighed and stood up straight. "Dick and Kori will be your leaders. You'll have some familiar faces."

"I don't give a shit, I'm not joining some team of cracked out teenagers with daddy issues!"

"Watch your mouth!" The father gritted his teeth. "You've been isolating yourself for too long. I'm not asking you to move to Mount Justice, I'm asking you to try."

"Dad—" Kim began.

"Kimberly!" Bruce snapped, immediately silencing her. "You will meet these kids. I'm asking you. Please, just try this. At the very least, meet them."

Kim huffed and turned around. "Fine. But, I better not see Damian showing up. I don't need his arrogant ass messing with my life, or my family."

Dick snickered from beside Alfred, causing the butler to nudge him. Kimberly gave the man the hardest of death stares before leaving the ballroom, her revived dog following behind.

<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•

Bruce quietly picked up his blaring phone and held it to his ear. He spun his desk chair toward his wall of windows as he spoke. "This is Bruce Wayne."

Hello, Mr. Wayne, this is Angela Harris, the guest manager for the Benjamin Fair show?

"Yes, hello. How can I help you?"

Well, it's been a few months since all this happened, and um... Ben would like to have a segment with Miss Wayne if possible. He'd just like to ask her some questions, and catch up.

"I'm not so sure about that, Ms. Harris. My daughter is in a fragile state at the moment."

We wouldn't have to talk about the kidnapping. If I may, I think it would be good for her to get out into the public.

"Listen, I appreciate the call, but I'd have to speak to her about it first. I can't guarantee she would be up for it."

Please, let me know at your earliest convenience, sir. We'd love to see her again.