Finale

Jack's POV:

Please... Please god remember me...

She's warm.

She's real.

She's here.

Don't let her go.

My grip on her wrist was tight. I know it is. I feel like I'm hurting her, but I don't think my heart can handle having it to where she was to run off or disappear again.

Two weeks were agonizing without her.

I wasn't sure if I'd dreamed her up or if she was real. I didn't know where she was. I didn't know if she was even still alive.

But here she is.

In front of me. Her neck doesn't have blood on it. There's no scar.

She's ok.

It took an entire week to quit having horrible PTSD like flashbacks of her blood on my hands from holding her body.

Every now and then I'll get chills.

I can still feel how cold her body was. Feeling her warm skin right now is so comforting that I feel like I could cry.

"...Jack?"

One word.

All I needed was to hear that one word.

My nickname.

The one I asked her to call me when we first met.

I couldn't think of something to say really. My entire head went blank.

Don't just stand there, ya idiot.

I knew he was right. I don't want to scare her any more than I probably already am.

I reached forward and put my hand on the back of her head with my free hand. She flinched, staring at me like she couldn't believe I was actually in front her.

For once, I feel like I can completely understand another person's feelings.

I tugged on her wrist and pushed her forward into me, bringing her into a hug. I let go of her wrist to wrap it around her waist and squeezed her tight.

My eyes started to burn with the unmanly tears I knew I was about to begin shedding.

"Thank god...," I sighed and held onto the woman in front of me like a lifeline.

She still seemed lost, not moving to hold me back or speaking.

"(Y/N)...?" I asked, worriedly, carefully letting go so that I could see her face.

She was just staring ahead, straight at me with silent tears falling down her face.

Shit. DUDE. WHY IS SHE CRYING?!

"(Y/N)...? What's wrong...?" I asked, placing the hand I had on her head on her should instead but keeping my grip on her waist.

She shook her head, finally responding to something I had said. She started to sniffle and move finally. She brought her hands up and covered her face.

"I... I was starting to think you weren't real...," She whispered out between sniffles. I gently let go of her waist and put both of my hands on her wrists.

She flinched again at my touch but I know it's more because she's scared that she's dreaming.

I gently pulled her wrists towards me, removing her hands from her face. I gave her a gentle smile and let one of her wrists go again. I placed it back on the back of her head and pulled her back to me.