Ethan.

He hadn't noticed me yet. That gave time to decide, what I was going to do.

My hurted heart told me to go there and burst everything out on his face.

But my brains told me to be sneaky - be like I didn't know his and Danielle's hook up's. Then I could surprise him.

"Vanessa?" familiar voice woke me up from my thoughts.

I raised my look, confronting Ethan's amazing, blue eyes. Instantly my heart melted a little - even though I was furious for him, I still loved him. For now.

I went to sit opposite side of the table, not saying anything. We stared each other in silence for a long time.

It was weird how much anger I felt for him, but at the same time, seeing him in front of me gave butterflies on my stomach.

"You look beautiful", he broke the silence, landing his palms over mine.

"Don't", my quiet voice stated as I pulled my palms away, my eyes avoiding his look.

"Look", he started with a sigh, "I overreacted. I'm sorry for that. And I'm ready to forget the few kisses you and Zach have been changing in here. I understand it - place like this messes with your head."

Unbelievable. He wasn't going to tell me the truth, instead he was putting all the blame for me.

"So, you aren't gonna apologize about banging with Danielle?" I tried to keep myself calm.

"Well, it was clearly a mistake. You had just left, and I felt so alone. We were drunk and -- "

"Stop lying!" I snapped and hit my fist on the table. Immediately my eyes went glossy, and I could feel how everyone in the room was staring at us.

Ethan looked me with surprised face, clearly trying to guess how much I knew. One tear escaped down on my cheek as I whispered:

"I know about you and Danielle. She told me about you and her. I know you two are still hooking up. So, just stop lying."

"Vanessa, listen", Ethan ran hand over his face.

"No, you listen. You really hurted me. I was crushed when I heard what has happened at the party. It had been only a week, and you're back home having sex with my best friend. Can you even imagine how I felt?"

Ethan's expression was something I had never seen before. He seemed more.. Cold and mean.

"But luckily you had Zach here to replace me, right?"

He was jealous, I could tell it. I bit my teeth together, trying to calm my breath. But this time, I didn't succees.

I got up from the chair strongly, and didn't even notice that my voice level raised so much:

"Shut the fuck up! Don't you dare to drag him in this too!"

"Vanessa!" Gavin warned me across the room. 

Ethan and I stared each other. My heart rate started to slow down, and instead of anger I felt miserable. How did our relation change like that?

"I hope Danielle was worth it", I mumbled and turned around, dropping my gaze on floor. But Ethan grabbed my hand and stopped me:

"Wait. Are we over?"

"I don't know, Ethan. Are we? Why would you keep going on with Danielle, if you really cared about my feelings or this relationship?"

His hand were still holding onto mine. Yet he couldn't answer anything.

My short humming had sad tone on it, "Right."

I removed his hand, and walked away without another word. Every step shattered my heart even more. But then again, I could feel this weird freedom inside of me.

----

[ZACH'S POV]
The visitor day has ended, and I have literally done nothing today.

Or okay, I have been thinking Vanessa. A lot.

Last time we saw each other was such a rollercoaster. First we were making out and dang, something down there came alive. I can't even explain how attractive Vanessa is to me.

But then I did that stupid thing and slided Ethan's Facetime on. And I regret that. But I do not regret what I did or said after that. Ethan seems such an asshole, and he doesn't deserve girl like Vanessa.

But since all that happened, we never finished painting the cabins. We probably have to do that tomorrow, and I'm nervous about that.

Vanessa was so mad to me. And I'm afraid that I have lost my all chances to her.

I took my phone from the night stand, and checked the time: 12pm.

By short impulse I opened Vanessa's and mine conversation.

I wanted to send her some kind of apology message, but didn't know how to express things. But what I did know was that I really care about her.

As my gaze had zoomed out, the phone on my hands suddenly buzzed. My eyes moved back to the screen, noticing the new message - from Vanessa.

12.04pm
vanessawhite: u awake? if u are, come to the regular spot. please.

I stared the message being kind of shock.

At least we still have our regular spot. And if she wants to meet me, it gotta be a good sign. Right?

----

a/n: 2K already?! that's insane, thank you. appreciating everyone of you. <3