[7]

[VANESSA'S POV]
My heart was pounding as I walked towards to the boys' cabin.

Even though Zach explained things to Ethan, he could be mad at me - especially when I have been treating him like a shit since the camp started.

I knocked the door lightly, and waited. My palms were sweaty, and I tried to calm myself down with a deep breath.

In a few seconds the door was wrenched open, and fusty air dashed into my face.

"Oh hey, volleyball girl. So this time you decided to knock", Wayne smirked referring to last time I visited at their cabin to rage to Zach.

"Shut up. I'm here to talk to Zach", I rolled my eyes little bit annoyed.

Wayne stepped aside with wide grin, and I noticed Herron sitting on the bed, typing something on his phone.

That bruise on his eye corner was totally terrible.

"Zach?" I cleared my throat, and got his attention.

His face was surprised as he saw me. I still don't think he looked angry even a tiny bit - he looked more like a puppy, whose owner just got home.

Zach throwed the phone on the bed, and came to the doorway with smug smirk:

"Dare I speak to you, or are you gonna hit me again?"

I raised my another brow tiredly, hands on my hips:

"Can we talk?"

Zach stared me for a moment with a teasing face, until he shrugged his shoulders:

"Okay."

I walked little further from the cabin's door, and he followed me. Then I stopped, and turned face to face with him.

His brune hair was messy as he ran hand through it. He was wearing adidas-sweatpants and big, white t-shirt. The bruise was already pretty striking and nasty.

Zach questioning eyes were staring into mine, waiting for me to say something.

"So?"

"Umm, yeah.. I just, um, wanted to say, that...", my words were fumbling as I bit my bottom lip nervously.

I'm not good with things like that - it has never been easy to me admit that I'm wrong or I did something improper.

"..thank you?" Zach filled in with cocky grin.

"Yes", I nodded avoiding honest eye contact with him.

His pleased face was too irritating to look at - he surely enjoyed when I was for once being humble in front of him.

"You're welcome. I hope everything is now fine between Ethan and you", Zach said, and I eyed him suspiciously.

Last four days he has been all over me, and now he's going to drop me just like that? I wasn't sure if I should believe his words or not.

"Yes, everything is fine between us. And... I'm sorry about the volleyball thing. Kinda. Because if it hadn't happened, you would have not contacted to Ethan", playful smile stayed a little while on my lips.

"Yeah. Well, see you around?" Zach's normal smirk has already came onto his face.

"Not like I'm having any other choice", I lifted my another brow up shortly, but had mellow smile on.

"True", the boy laughed as he had already turned towards their cabin.

Relieved smile stayed on my lips for a minute. Although he can be total pain in the ass, at least he forgives easily. Good to know.