[4]

[VANESSA'S POV]
I sat on the cabin's warm floor, as Ariana was sitting on the edge of my bed. She was trying to untangle my thick, messy hair, and make it into braids.

Gabriela was laying on her bed, staring the brown ceiling. It was quiet in our cabin.

Pinkish sunset filled the sky, when day was changing into night. Crappy clock on the wooden wall informed that it was almost 9pm.

"Is this too tight?" Ariana's voice was neutral while she kept pulling piece of my dark hair over another piece.

"No", I simply said.

Don't get us wrong. We aren't even now besties. You just get bored easily in here, and she admitted being good with braids. And that's how we ended in this situation.

"Do you know which group won the kiosk-reward from the morning?" Gabriela suddenly asked, keeping her death-stare at the ceiling.

"That was probably bullshit, which was supposed to motivate us", I shrugged, when Ariana tugged my hair too roughly:

"Ouch! Watch it!"

"Sorry princess", she snorted and continued just a little bit steadier.

I didn't say anything, but rolled my eyes irritatedly. With a sigh I picked my iPhone from the floor, and saw new message from Ethan.

8.44pm
ethan💕: facetime with me?

8.50pm
me: yes

It didn't take one full minute before he called me. I swiped the facetime on, and soon his precious face appeared on my phone's screen.

"Hey", genuine smile escaped on my lips.

"Hi babe", Ethan grinned, but the voice cracked a little bit because of the slow network.

Ariana made interested glance over my head to see phone's screen. Gabriela instead didn't move even for a inch - she was like a ghost in our cabin.

"How are you?" I wanted to know, turning my attention back on the phone.

Ethan's hand went through his blond hair as he shrugged his shoulders. The smile on his lips was the one I have loved since the beginning.

"Fine, I quess. But I miss you", smile stayed on his face.

"I know, I miss you too. What are you going to do on this week?"

"Well, nothing much on this week, but Cheryl invited me at her party on next week. So I think I'm going to go there", Ethan bit his bottom lip lightly.

"Oh", was all I managed to say, as a wave of disappointment went through me.

I loved parties - especially Cheryl's. She had that amazing swimming pool and best drinks from her big brother.

"Yeah. It won't be as fun as it would be with you", he tried to cheer me up, and I put my best fake smile on my face.

"I know right."

For a moment we both just stared each other. It was warm, loving stare between us.

"Well, I have to go. I just wanted to see and hear you. Text me before going to the bed?" Ethan had the sweetest smile on his face.

"I will. Love you."

After I had turned the facetime off, Ariana patted my back, and short laugh bursted out from her mouth.

"Now I understand why you have been blocking the golden boy so strongly - you are spoken for! He was pretty hot", she grinned and stood up since she got my braids done.