[10]

[VANESSA'S POV]
I felt nervous. My heart rate was picking up and palms were sweaty as I typed the answer for Ethan's strange messages.

2.21am
me: what's going on
me: you're scaring me

He saw my messages immediately. Then he started to type - next 30 seconds were very painful to wait.

2.22am
ethan💕: babe i'm sorry
ethan💕: and drunk. very

2.22am
me: that's okay, it's a party. but did something happen?

2.22am
ethan💕: don't be mad please

2.22am
me: what is it, tell me

2.23am
ethan💕: danielle and i had sex

I swear my heart stopped for a few beats. I freezed in shock and stared my phone's screen, reading the message all over again.

Danielle and Ethan had sex. My boyfriend and my best friend. They might have been drunk, but right now it didn't make the situation any easier.

It hurted really bad, but I couldn't get any emotion out. I felt like someone was choking me. I couldn't breath. I needed fresh air.

I got up from my bed, and tiptoed to the cabin's door. I opened it as quietly as possible, and stepped out to the coldish summer night.

It wasn't allowed to exit from the cabin after 10pm, but right now I couldn't care less.

I tried to calm my breathing, but it was changing even more panicked.

I could not believe they did that. I have been away only for a week. The pain I was feeling inside of me couldn't been described by words.

My walking leaded me at the camp's beach. The weather was peaceful; sun was already rising slowly behind the horizon, and the wind was calm.

I sat down onto sand, and gazed the water. I felt weird - I felt empty. But still at the same time I had so many different emotions inside of me.

Then my phone buzzed in my pyjama's pocket.

2.27am
ethan💕: please babe answer something
ethan💕: it was a mistake, we were drunk. i love and miss you.

My eyes went glossy, and I closed them for a seconds. My whole body was shaking by a disappointment and sadness.

As I opened my eyes, tear after tear escaped down against my cheeks. I felt angry, sad, jealous, foolish and bitter at the same time. It was a huge pain of different emotions coming out.

I was so stupid when I thought this would be a good day.

----